User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Zxi 900 vs 1100?

I have a Zxi 900 and was wondering if it's worth moving up to a Zxi 1100? How much more power does the 1100 have? Is there one year better than another?
    If it's not worth moving up what are some good bolt on performance upgrades I could do to it?
    Thanks.

Re: Zxi 900 vs 1100?

I had a 95 zxi when they 1st came out. In 96 the 1100's were out & i was getting smoked so I caught the "Mod Bug" I was able to stay ahead of the "stock" zxi & raider 1100's & the 97 gp1200's. Keep the stock oil injection.

Here's a post I had a few months back.

"Here's what worked for me & got me to 59 mph solid all day!

1st leave the stock intake grate on but cut out the center bar.

"adjustable" sponsons are a must. I used Twist but they aren't around anymore so BH or worx will do.

stock ride plate was kept too for top speed. The sponsons will keep your front end down. Trust me.

I ran a Pro design "cool head" at 150 psi

ocean pro Vortex flame arrestors & rejet.

I eventually went to MegaFlow carbs & it made a huge difference in accelleration & a little more on top.

For the prop nothing beats a Nujet 5.0 or 5.5 in that ski!

as for the wedge, leave it. I tried without it & it was a BIGGER pig. lol

If you run an R&D ride plate you will scrub quite a bit of top end but will pretty much eliminate the porpoising. The sponsons will eliminate 75% of it alone when you find the right adjustment. I ran mine in the middle setting.

I ran this setup for 3 years without a single problem. 785 XP's couldn't keep up & stock 1100 zxi's were trippin' that I was still next to them on top end.

hope this helps."

I ran this setup for 3 yrs with NO issues what so ever! You can put an inline water restrictor & heat the pipe up a little more for some throttle response but no top end gain.
    Last edited by Bofa_Deez; 01-28-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Frequent Poster

The 1100 has just that much more Balls than the 900. I owned both. I just recently (cries) sold them both.

Looking for a 15f to go with my Ultra 150 now.

Definitly want to get the 1100 if you can find one for cheap, otherwise, they ride the same.......Just the 1100's 120hp helps move my 190lbs a little bit better than the 100hp of the 900.

Hope this helps......Scott

And I agree with the original grate modifications posted above, cut out the middle, just stay away from the shore and the shallows!!!

PWCToday Regular

Scott: How does the Ultra compare to the Zxi 1100? I rode an Ultra 150 last year. It pulled real smooth but I could feel the extra weight and it didn't seem as easy to spin. But it had real nics power and got up to 60 in no time. Also It look like an 15F is a real nice three seater 4-stroke from what I've been reading. Good luck.

Frequent Poster

I think the Ultra was a natural progession for me. Still has the same old reliable 2 stroke, with just that much more displacement.

For me, comparing the 900 to the "1500" is a non issue, the power is in the Ultra for sure.

However the added weight does make it a little less.....how do I say....unstable I guess it best. I love the loose feeling of my 900. The Ultra is much faster feeling, and I find it performs great at high speed.

Now as far as the 1100 compares to the Ultra, the Hole shot feels nearly the same, but the higher top end speed goes to to the Ultra, along with greater gas consumption.

Now I am looking at the 15f for comfort. I will still have my Ultra and I passed my pristine 900 and 1100 onto a family of new riders, hopefully giving them years of enjoyment from my two old faithful machines!!

Hope my reviews helped, if it were my choice again, I would still go with the Ultra 150 over the 900 or the 1100......But it all depends on the price....you get plenty of performance out of the 900 and you can find them for around 1000 bucks.........how can u complain?

PWCToday Regular

Thanks so much for the unbiased comparison. I really do like the Kawasaki Jetskis. I can totally relate to the "unstable" feeling I have with my Zxi's. I have both a 750 and 900. Although the 900 isn't running at the moment. It's a long story but I purchased a lemon and the repair bill has been crippling. I'm on a small lake in michigan and have no need for a super stable craft. Or one that has 70+ top end. I really like the flick-ability of the light Zxi. But I'm guessing some day I'll want a three seater and the 15F looks to be a great one. Great mileage too.
    Have fun and stay safe.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mile9c1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can turn you r900 into an 1100, it's mostly just a bigger bore on the cylinders.

Frequent Poster

Ya Kawasaki has been it for me and my family since we got started. They have always been top performing, and easy to maintain.

We have a non running 750 right now, and know what its like to get a lemon, although for us it has always been related to a certain used GM product.

The unstable part of the Kawasaki is the best part in my opinion, I think it helps make you a better, more aware rider.

Eventually everyone will want a 3-seater for whatever reason. Although I am not a fan on the complexities of the new 4 strokes and their electronics, I can't complain about the speed and the ride.

Although any of the Kawasaki 1100 STX's also perform really well in my opinion.

Thread Information