• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlakeC@IJSBA
    PWCToday Guru
    • Aug 2003

Re: City OK's 1st Phase of Jetski Park

Thank You Lee and evryone that was there Everyone on that list you have given me hope.
    Thank you
    Blake
    \"It don\'t matter, just keep on goin\'!\"

Comment

• jetPilot1o1
      PWCToday Guru
      • Feb 2004

One more semester of college and im packing my bags and moving to lake havasu city!!!!!!!! WHHAOOOOOOO
      Novice Ski Limited
      Am Ski Open
      Spec Sport

2004 limited SX-R
      1996 limited Super Jet
      1993 spec Blaster

Comment

• IceRocket1286
        PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
        • Nov 2003

just like joe dirt says. dannnnnng

sweet!
        Luke Nelson - Lake St Clair

Dabbling in skis since 1993

Make Stand Ups Great Again

Comment

• LisaLisa
          • Nov 2001

Lee and Crew....really sorry I was called away on a business trip and had to cancel my flight down. I've been sort of worthless with the whole Joe situation anyway, and it sounds like I probably wouldn't have made my return flight anyway if it went that late, but glad the presentation went well.

I'm happy to create more presentations, but need a little more lead time as I want it to be as professional as possible. This was a quick-n-dirty job, but as long as it got our point across and got the job done, I'm good with it.

Nice Job Team!
          LP

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

Comment

• #1fan
            • Dec 2001

You all just make me so proud!! I cut this out of yesterday's paper and scanned it. Thanks again to everyone who came out.
            Attached Files
            sigpicCROCKETT IS THE MAN!!

Comment

• 55ratrod
              PWCToday Guru
              • Mar 2006

AWESOME
              and nice presentation.
              show them the good that can come of it, then you just hope for the best!!!!

good luck with this.
              i know many people will be thankful once it goes through!!!!
              and the tv towers will work nicely with getting espn to start covering more pwc's and less jump roping/dominoes/cheerleading etc
              83 KAW 550 slight mods
              87 KAW 550 100% stock
              88 KAW 550 100% stock
              towed by
              59 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE
              55 CHEVY RAT ROD TRUCK

'I'M NUTTIER THEN A SQUIRRELS SH!T'

Comment

• SeaLion
                • Mar 2002

Here is today's newspaper article. http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news03.txt

City looking into a site for jet ski park

BY DIANA PARKER
                Friday, January 26, 2007 9:53 PM MST

City Council has asked city staff to look into choosing a possible site for a personal watercraft training center and stadium on Lake Havasu, according to Mayor Mark Nexsen.

Proponents of the facility have proposed five to six suitable sites, among them Body Beach, Contact Point and Spectator Point.

Campbell Cove also has been discussed as a venue, but Arizona State Lands owns that property. City Council has discussed purchasing that property off of ASL for PWC use in the past.

City only has control over about 17 acres around Picadilly Point south of Rotary Park but it does not own it.

“Once the location has been decided upon, we'll have the heavy equipment there before they can put up the signs that say, ‘this is coming,'” said Lee Siekerman, president of River Rat Jet Ski Racing and School, who presented a concept for the park to the City Council at their last meeting.

Nexsen didn't indicate firm approval of the concept and said there is no timeline for proceeding.

“I want to know what is expected from the city,” he said, “Because I heard (the organizers) say - and maybe I misunderstood - I heard them say there would be no cost to the city, but I also heard them say they want the city to provide the land.”

At the meeting Siekerman said, “We will put together the people and the money to make this happen. We are not here today to ask for money.” He also said the project would require 125 acres of land and 35 acres of shoreline to be set aside by the city.

In a phone conversation, Siekerman didn't directly address the question of whether the city would have to provide the land, or if they want the city to assist in the bidding process, saying only, “At this particular time we believe that in working with the city, this would be a partnership between BLM, state parks, Lake Havasu City, and corporate and individual free enterprise.”

When asked what role he hoped the city would play, he said, “We're asking now that the city be in control of the project, if nothing else than for guidance. The land is there.”

He also said that if the city decided it can't contribute monetarily to the park, the resources are lined up to proceed with the project.

You may contact the reporter at [email protected].
                "If debt is the problem, how is more debt the solution"?
                Ron Paul

If you lend someone $50 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it?

SUR #7

Check out the skis at:
                http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...llery/album72/

Comment

• #1fan
                  • Dec 2001

Thank you so much SeaLion. I made a scan of the newspaper I got. Totally forgot I could have pulled it from internet. Geese, I am getting old!!
                  sigpicCROCKETT IS THE MAN!!

Comment

Working...
                  X