Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

03 superjet.. wont run right . need help bad

just bought a 03 superjet and went out for the first time today.... it ran great the first 15 minutes then i pulled up to the dock and floated for about 5 minutes talking to friends.... then it wouldnt start back up... i tried for 10 minutes..... finally the battery acted like it was dead (myfault).... so i pulled it out of the water and waited about 10 minutes and it fired right up.... so i put it back in and it started and ran for about 15 seconds then died... so i pulled it back out and let it set again... then 10 minutes later it started... it blew a whole lot of water out of the exaust then started running great...(out of water).... so i tried to put it back in and it screwed up the same as before.... i did just buy it and i dont know what type of oil the guy before ran.. but i mixed quicksilver synthetic blend 50:1.... there was still about a gallon of the old stuff in the tank and i filled it up so could this have fouled the plugs by mixing.... basically i dont know a whole lot about these two strokes .... i need help big time...

Re: 03 superjet.. wont run right . need help bad

where the pluggs black( fouled) when you pulled them out?Sounds like you need a carb clean.Alot of time a ski will run perfect on the trailer and not so good or at all when there is load on the pump.The pluggs should have a tan color to them,If there black try changing pluggs and running again for a few and see what color the new pluggs are.If they are black after running then there is a prob,fuel mix is to rich.

PWCToday Newbie

i havent pulled the plugs yet i just wanted an idea of where to start and what the possiblities were....... why would it run good for 15 min or so then just start to suck... like i said im not very fimiliar with these two strokes

PWCToday Newbie

well ok the plugs looked a little darker than i imagine they should have.... i think this was actually just my stupid mistake... i should have drained gas that was left in it from last summer ..... actually the guy i bought it from said that he hadnt even ran a whole tank through it so there is no telling how old it was.... but i dont have time to mess with it... we have a really good 2 stroke mechanic in town that i know so i took it to him.... one less thing i have to worry about as i know he will do a good job.. all is well

Thread Information