• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ariess10
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2006

jetski repair school

I am from syracuse ny and looking to go to school for jetski repair ... Does anyone know of a school or place that is good to go to around me?
    may the wind always be at your back !

2004 seadoo xp di

1998 seadoo xp limited
  • CaptnKirk
    Top Dog
    • Feb 2003

Re: jetski repair school

Here's a link to start off with, hope it helps a little!

MMI Marine

Do a Google search for marine mechanic schools, you'll get a bunch of listings, but MMI seems to be the most popular.

Captn---
    Skipper: Kowalski, analysis.
    Kowalski: I'm picking up good vibrations.

**The information obtained in my hurricane thread is courtesy of NOAA, National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.**
    Liquid Militia*****K38 Water Safety*****

Comment

• SUPERJET-113
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Nov 2001

There are also a few Sea-doo tech schools around the county also. Good way to get a foot in the door. Seadoo always needs new techs to do warrranty work. That is a lot of the dealers income!
      I MAKE EVERY GASKET FOR EVERY 2 STROKE YAMAHA, KAWASAKI, AND SEADOO I CAN HELP! SHOP AND COMPARE!
      CHECK IT OUT: http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=57730

Comment

• hangtime
        PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
        • Sep 2004

I would imagine that Sea doo techs are in high demand because of the the poor initial quality of the ski's
        Originally posted by Ihop
        I have been involved in the marine industry for 14 years and know more about jet ski's than 95% of the people here and can probably ride better than most too .

Comment

• 550 SLUT
          Resident Guru
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ariess10
          I am from syracuse ny and looking to go to school for jetski repair ... Does anyone know of a school or place that is good to go to around me?
          do not waste your money at MMI for jet-ski mechanic. MMI is more geared toward outboards and I/O and stern drives. i would know since i go there. our water craft class is only 3 weeks long

the best is get a job at the local dealership, work there for a little and then ask them to get u certified

all jet-ski dealers like kawi, yamaha, honda can get u certified through them

u just need to land a job at the dealers
          YES THAT IS A SEAL DRINKING BEER ON A BOAT

Comment

• WIslxer
            I dream skis
            • Aug 2004

I went to AMI in Daytona beach FL. They had a 3 month PWC program that cost $2,500 bucks. I can't recommend it. The teacher was kinda half-arsed and I got a job shortly thereafter and realized that very little that I learned in that school actually was pertanent to watercraft repair within the repair industry. I too felt like you did 2-3 years ago. Had really no outlet to learn and everyone just told me to "tear my engine apart". Well thats easier said than done when you have only one running ski and don't want to get it apart only to not be able to put it back together or F something up. My two bits of advice. Buy an old junker sea-doo 2-stroke (which even though I like sd I will admit the majority of reapairs are those skis, even though I think that has little to do with initial quality, thats a whole different story) and take everything apart and see if you can learn to put it back together.

My better advice would be to get some lowly little job within the industry for some measly wage so you can learn. No ones gonna pay you big bucks as a repair man if you don't know what you're doing so you will start off poor. But go from there and you will learn faster and learn much more relavent stuff in reagards to actually repairing and working on skis than you would at the schools.

I wish I had known that 3 years ago, but I now have memories of being absolutely broke in GHETTO Daytona beach that I will not soon forget so maybe it was worth it afterall.

peace,
            Jonah
            Lake Superior Did You know of The Month:

Did you know
            :
            Average Water Temperature: 40° F/4° C
            Maximum Wave Height Recorded: 31 feet
            Shipwrecks Recorded: 350 and more than 1,000 lives have been lost.

Stock Class Pro 785

Comment

Working...
            X