» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 280 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: shop talk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Coast of New England home of the "Perfect Storm"

Re: shop talk

I had WSM Seals fall out of my SJ last yeat when they were brand new. Yamaslut had the same problem when I was in Daytona. The rear seal juust falls out and starts flopping around on the end of the crank. They were also leaking bad enough to make my motor a nigthmear to tune. I couldn't figure out how a fesh motor could have an airleak on new seals. I have been using Hot Products seals by reccomendation of Paul at LPW (Magoo's) since then and haven't had any air leaks since. It was the most frustrationg month running with those things leaking air.

Thank you for something real to listen 2 ,thats what i want to hear someone who could give me a good reason ,,,i havnt built any freestyle motors ,so i havnt pushed any motors that far , i havnt had problems with just all the bolt on stuff with the seals .. thats good to know ...mostly everything i do is rebuilding stock/slightly modified ,, id hate to spend a lot of money on a motor then go through that .. thanks pete i appreciate the info ...ok now can someone tell me which seals they got ,because wsm offers 3 different seals =
    "J" genuine ARS brand made in japan
    "T" Teflon inner coated with stainless spring made in taiwan
    No letter non teflon inner diameter with stainless steel spring , made in taiwan
    just anothe question pete , you ran your motor for a month with bad seals and it didnt blow up?
    you are having problems with your X-2 you said there was rust in the crank after a week and a half , could that be from a bad seal ? ive never had that happen and the machines can sit for months around here ,,

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Coast of New England home of the "Perfect Storm"

Jetskimechanic put my 820 together last season when he built it so honestly have no idea what it has for seals in it. It will have either Kawi or Hot product seals this time. The Superjet leaned out once and stuck lightly but fired right back up. it was soon after that I saw the rear seal flopping around and I tore it down. I thought I did something wrong but knw I saw Yamaslut with the same problem before. Paul told me they aren't good after I called him and explained my problem. I knew it had something leaking because it had a run on idle once just before I put it in the water at hampton. I don't remember what version crank seals they were.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WB1994's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Jacobs
    I had WSM Seals fall out of my SJ last yeat when they were brand new. Yamaslut had the same problem when I was in Daytona. The rear seal juust falls out and starts flopping around on the end of the crank. They were also leaking bad enough to make my motor a nigthmear to tune. I couldn't figure out how a fesh motor could have an airleak on new seals. I have been using Hot Products seals by reccomendation of Paul at LPW (Magoo's) since then and haven't had any air leaks since. It was the most frustrationg month running with those things leaking air.

Hmm , learn something new every day. I've never seen a seal blow out and flop around before. Then run for a month after that. I didnt think a kawasaki 650 or 750 had enough case preasure to do something like that. I heard the kawi 650 has low crank case volume preasure hence the different jetting and popoff needed. The only time Ive heard of a seal coming out was from something catostrofic like a warped crank or something. Ive seen them melt and leak and get oblone but never pop out before. I know with the black cloud that used to hover over my head the slightest leak I would of had a granade on my hands.
    Trust me Im no expert and dont claim to be one. I dont like working on anyone elses ski but mine. I make my money working with wood. But I do like learning more because I like jetskiing. But from day one Ive used WSM and never had a problem with a seal or gasket. Now that this subject has come up though Im sure its in my future , thats just my luck.
    Like my papaw used to say , you want something done right .... screw it up a few times first. Well thats how it worked for me .....
    Personally Im not going to change seals or gaskets just because of someone elses testamonial , maybe toilet paper or something important like that. A malfunction could be as simple as someone not paying attention or something not seen or not proper prep work , too many variables. For me it will be like pete , a seal flopping around then Ill still wonder if it was something I did or forgot ...... exspecialy with the lack of problems Ive had.
    Now if someone showed me an article that stated a faulty factory prosses or inferior rubber used then I will change no problem.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Couchpotato's Avatar

ok now take your seals to hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Couchpotato's Avatar

wooooooohooooooooo I am no longer a newb

Im sorry if i seem like im being a **** about this subject ,trust me im trying to learn , ive been wrenching a long time and always see something,or learn something im a student for life and try to learn as much as possible , and where this is a hobby that helps support my hobby, i cant afford to replace someones motor due to a problem like this , im too poor for that ,so i m consistantly trying to learn , so it doesnt cost me somewhere down the road,trust me in knocking on wood hoping it doesnt happen 2 me or something i put together for someone , Im not making much money as much as im just helping people out ,,but you know how that goes ,,nice guys finish last ,,it would suck to do something for someone for next 2 nothing then have it cost me a thousand or 2,, pete can you tell me who you order from , or give me the link? im gonna try to set -up an account ....

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WB1994's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato
    ok now take your seals to hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My seals have had many trips around the whole island of glocester ..... Hamptons an easy ride compared to glocester.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bad93blaster's Avatar

wow i hate when im wrong. try to help a friend out i get $hit on for it
    it doesnt mater if its a freesytle motor or bolt on parts. yamasluts motor is a limited motor 760 cylinders on 61x case no porting

there is no preasure in the crank case its vacum

you should stay away from wsm carb gaskets and piston ring bearings they dont last
    im not gonna argue over this just trying to give you advice and help you out

alot of people say dont run there pistons but i dont that will mater till you build a motor with hp like me and pete are building
    there is no fun playing stock

I just about tried all brands of seals, gaskets and so on. I always try to buy OEM. for the little extra its not worth my time to fix something twice just to save $ 20.00.

The proof is look how long OEM last for. why even think about.

PAt
    WB800"EURO"
    WB2 1000CC THRUST
    RXP, RXPT

Page 3 of 280 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information