Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home puckoach's Avatar

Re: anyone familar with Cape Cod?

Interesting point. Day after I posted the No Wake zone comment, a friend of mine was fsihing from the shore at the mouth of canal.

He notice a few pwc's approach the mouth of the canal, then turn around.

Then he hears the "brrrap" coming down the canal, and looks to see a 2 seater flying down the canal, with a police boat in pursuit....

Chase continued out of the canal, and out of site. He was there for awhile longer, and neither boat came back.

Angry Re: anyone familar with Cape Cod?

Can't wait for this weekend in Hyannis. The Barnstable harbor police and harbor patrol are already fired up because of the Brazilian jet skiers, now this Muslim terrorist shjt, they'll be stopping every jet skier that goes near the ferries.

PWCToday Newbie

In East Falmouth, off of rt. 28 there is a place to put in and you can leave your trailer and car (has to be attached) overnight for free. You have to navigate a while to get to Nantucket Sound and then you can tour the area or jet across to Martha's Vineyard for dinner. I've used this area for 5 years and I tie up my PWC to a boat in Oak Bluffs and I stay a few nights on the Vineyard. If you are really daring you can jet across to NAntucket, but make sure you have a VHF and GPS. Contact me if you want more info and I'll send maps, etc.

Andrew Stella

PWCToday Guru

This is a real long shot....but are there any beaches on the cape where I could beach the ski while riding? Going out for the 4th and would be good to be able to hang out on the beach with friends and take kids for a ride here or there...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home crueldude's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slug420 View Post
    This is a real long shot....but are there any beaches on the cape where I could beach the ski while riding? Going out for the 4th and would be good to be able to hang out on the beach with friends and take kids for a ride here or there...
    I really like the Bay. But beaching is tricky. The tide goes WAYYYYY out QUICKLY. You could be beached for 12 hours. You could screw anchor at the end of Sandy Neck because it gets severely deep right off of the beach but wakes and current make it nasty hazardous and may pull the screw. Consult a tide chart for the Bay if you ride it. It's a piece of heaven. Slack tide should be a good time to beach but you have to time it. Hope you can figure it out. The Bay is great. And if you see seals don't try to play with them. The sharks don't go in the Bay yet but a seal that has gone off his rails may come after you and they'll draw blood.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home crueldude's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbyrne View Post
    while we're talking about the cape. Are pwc allowed in the cape cod canal?
    no!

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I really like the Bay. But beaching is tricky. The tide goes WAYYYYY out QUICKLY. You could be beached for 12 hours. You could screw anchor at the end of Sandy Neck because it gets severely deep right off of the beach but wakes and current make it nasty hazardous and may pull the screw. Consult a tide chart for the Bay if you ride it. It's a piece of heaven. Slack tide should be a good time to beach but you have to time it. Hope you can figure it out. The Bay is great. And if you see seals don't try to play with them. The sharks don't go in the Bay yet but a seal that has gone off his rails may come after you and they'll draw blood.
    thanks for the info! I have been looking into it and some of the things I was considering were...

Launching in pamet harbor...and either beaching on the back side of long point provincetown, or riding out around the point to spot some whales or do some wave jumping.

Launching at bass river or woods hole or yarmouth and riding out towards cuttyhunk, exploring some of the islands...or riding out to MV...seems like we could ride into the bay and beach pretty wave-free on the bay-side of cape poge elbow and hang out there?

PWCToday Guru

i should add I would probably try not to beach-beach, but rather use my sand bag anchor or the sand screw anchor to float them just off shore (which is obviously like you said why finding a spot with no real crashing surf is important)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information