Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    momieg

1100 emm connection

Can you please shed any light on using diagnostic and injector discs and how or where you get the code readings? Have 1100 stxdi. wpn't stay running, has new cps, new emm, plugs ??? computer won't give read out, don't know if cable bad or what?

Re: 1100 emm connection

I had a similar drama communicating with a 15f, turns out my software was too old. Updated and works fine.

You need the Kawi s/w and interface cable to read the stored codes from the EMM. If your replacing an injector, they should come with a floppy disk that contains the parameters for that injector. If you're replacing the EMM you need to copy the contents of the old EMM to the PC and then write it back to the new EMM. There is s section in the diagnostic section of the s/w for that. I have a softcopy of the diagnostic manual I can send you, if that will help. Also, there are different versions of s/w floating around as EEL indicated, so that maybe a factor. What year?
    2004 Kawasaki SX-R
    2001 Kawasaki STX 1100 DI (GroupK Stage 1, STX-R rideplate, BH Sponsons)

momieg

Quote Originally Posted by GlenT
    You need the Kawi s/w and interface cable to read the stored codes from the EMM. If your replacing an injector, they should come with a floppy disk that contains the parameters for that injector. If you're replacing the EMM you need to copy the contents of the old EMM to the PC and then write it back to the new EMM. There is s section in the diagnostic section of the s/w for that. I have a softcopy of the diagnostic manual I can send you, if that will help. Also, there are different versions of s/w floating around as EEL indicated, so that maybe a factor. What year?
    It's a 2000. The software was just purchased so would assume it is the newest version. Can't get past point on software (kadig and injector) that gives message
    can't communicate , suspect could be cable connection. Have the Kadig and injector discs and service manual , but not the sw manual. When put new emm in, ski ran for 10 mins. then would not restart. Going to try to get cable connection and see if can get emm programmed. Thanks for your input.

Do you have the key set to "on" and the lanyard plugged in? I'll PM you a copy of the diagnostic manual.
    2004 Kawasaki SX-R

Attached are the manual & the KADIAG s/w version I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Kawasaki SX-R

momieg

Thank you - we will continue our quest to get 1100 DI running right.

PWCToday Newbie

I'm having some EMM problems also, did you find the problem?
    I have a couple questions.... I purchased a new (used) EMM and all three injectors to match. I actually got the whole jet ski with a broken hule and most everything stripped off it except the engine and the pump. If what the seller tells me holds true and the EMM and injectors are good would I be able to just swap both the EMM and injectors out and do nothing else or is there adjustments and setting I will have to do to get it running right?
    Iether way, I want the cable and the program so I can find out what went wrong with the old system and determin if I can send it in for repair or not. Were can I buy the cable besides Kawasaki? And is there some stock or aftermarket settings I should be aware of? Sorry for all the questions, I have alot but I'll stop for now.
    Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shindog View Post
    I'm having some EMM problems also, did you find the problem?
    I have a couple questions.... I purchased a new (used) EMM and all three injectors to match. I actually got the whole jet ski with a broken hule and most everything stripped off it except the engine and the pump. If what the seller tells me holds true and the EMM and injectors are good would I be able to just swap both the EMM and injectors out and do nothing else or is there adjustments and setting I will have to do to get it running right?
    Iether way, I want the cable and the program so I can find out what went wrong with the old system and determin if I can send it in for repair or not. Were can I buy the cable besides Kawasaki? And is there some stock or aftermarket settings I should be aware of? Sorry for all the questions, I have alot but I'll stop for now.
    Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have.
    Please, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PWCToday Newbie

Nothing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information