Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    suprbuick7

Honda F-12X Turbo Problem

Hello Forum,
    Newbie here 2002 Honda F-12x turbo purchased new in 2003, 120 hrs.I 've been riding for over 10 years on various Kawasaki jet skis (tandem Sport,?) I ride @ Jersey shore ( yes mostly a Salt water ride). F-12x is stored in climate controlled warehouse and winteized. Upon start up for my 1st ride this summer was getting a code F-1 and the motor leaks/ spews oil when under load, not while running in the driveway on the garden hose! Thought there was too much oil in the engine, not the case. Took it to a honda dealer in NJ and on the phone service guy said either rear main seal or the turbo was blown ( he quoted me @$2500 for a new turbo and labor) I own a Buick GN turbo charged This seems alittle steep. There is no upgrade turbo so wouldn't a turbo rebuild be ok versus new? anyone have a similar problem?
    TIA

Jon

Re: Honda F-12X Turbo Problem

Talk to NITRO.
    2004 Honda Aquatrax F-12X- K&N air filter, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Gaffrig boost gauge, R&D sponsons

2004 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport, Inertia forged hemi, 6.1l crank, Manley flat top pistons 9:5:1 compression, K1 rods, ARP main bolts-head studs, 6.1l springs-retainers-push rods-oil pump, Inertia turbo cam, intercooler, sts turbo, T76 Turbonetics, ATF Speed 5-45 RFE transmission, ATF billet triple disc lock-up converter, 15% UD ATI Damper, Mopar headers,
    405rwhp/491 lbs. rwtq at 6.5 lbs of boost

anglerfx

My friends ski had somewhat of a similar problem but his wasnt leaking oil it was leaking water into the engine. The dealer charged around 2500 bucks, like you said, but to Honda. He had ext. warranty. As a matter of fact he also has a 87 GN. i think I saw some where in here that you can rebuilt it for around 300-400 bucks.

suprbuick7

bump?

Frequent Poster

There are no servive parts available from Honda, however I have a spool (no exhaust housing) with 57 hours for sale a lot less than a new one.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Weird....you think maybe whoever winterized it somehow had a lot of pressure putting the coolant in or didnt use coolant at all and you have a hairline fracture somewhere from the cover cracking from freezing?

suprbuick7

Quote Originally Posted by willycrumb
    Weird....you think maybe whoever winterized it somehow had a lot of pressure putting the coolant in or didnt use coolant at all and you have a hairline fracture somewhere from the cover cracking from freezing?
    What " cover" are you speaking of that might be Cracked?

Moderator Moderator

why not find out which it is? seal or turbo... or could be?

if you need a turbo, locoman 's is nice ive seen it..

and YOU cant buy parts because its a honda design and NO parts are available.
    Nitro R12x-F12x and F15x Stage 1 Fastest Kits available Stg 2-3. Big Turbos, Pistons, Ride plates, Intercoolers, injectors, Cams, Head work, Valve spring kits and more Info? email me at SgRacing8@gmail.com

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by suprbuick7
    Quote Originally Posted by willycrumb
    What " cover" are you speaking of that might be Cracked?
    I would think he is taking about the oil tank cover. I had the same problem.

Moderator Moderator

More I think about it, the rear seal or turbo are very unlikely to have failed. The turbo usually only fails if you suck something through it, otherwise they’ve been proved to be bullet proof..

If you’ve ever seen the rear seal, you’d understand the same deal. There are however several o-rings under the engine and around the turbo which any one of these could be leaking. This would be more likely.

Run the ski on the hose for a good bit and look for leaks with a mirror and wait until you can localize about what area the leak is being generated..

Then post back.

shawn

PS post which F1 code you are getting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information