Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: The "wow, my shark ran great and we had a good time" thread

Took my family, a couple of friends and our 95 Daytona to Lake Anna yesterday. After a few initial problems, it ran better than it ever had before. First the bad. I took it out on Fathers day and it ran great for about 30 minutes. I brought my daughter back into shore, went to restart it and the battery was completely dead. Put a new battery in it and took it back out yesterday. It ran great. We pulled a tube behind it without any problems. Then my friend took it for a long cruise. He made it a few hundred yards across the lake, but then had to turn around and limp it back to shore. All of the exhaust bolts had vibrated loose and the gasket was hanging halfway out. He rode it all the way back with the seat slid back and one hand on the pipe to keep it running. We reinstalled the gasket and bolts and I took it back out to test it. All I can say is WOW!!!! It ran better than ever. I was hitting boat wakes and getting some serious airtime. My friend took it back out and confirmed that it wasn't just my imagination. This thing was just screaming through the water. People can say what they want, but I'll take my $1500 11 year old ski any day of the week. I didn't tow anybody this time but I did retrieve a guys Sea Doo key that floated away. Yaaay for non digital keys.
    1995 Tiger Shark Daytona

PWCToday Regular

Took my new to me '97 Daytona 770 out again last night. Still love it, had to change the battery now everything seems good!!!!!

Wife still gives me a hard time cause her new to her '96 GSX beats me, but the handling in my opinion isn't even close!!!! Plus I weigh 230# and she weighs 120#. That probably is where the performance difference lies. And she drills me out of the hole, but I expected that from what you guys had all told me!!!

We've had them out about 6 times now and we both love the skis we have, we sure don't miss the '97 XP or the '97 GP.

Actually my 770 reminds me very much of my first ski, a '95 ZXI 750. In my opinion they are similar. I just think that Cat rides a little better with alot less tendancy to porpose. But power and handling seem to be very similar, as best of all they are both VERY light so you can really throw them around!!!!

PWCToday Newbie

Took out our TS Monte Carlo 1000 on 7/3 and had a blast! It was hot and muggy in Southern Ohio and flying across the lake was just the cool down we needed. FWIW - The Monte Carlo accelerates faster to 60 mph than most cars I have owned. It will typically outrun just about anything on the lake. We also own a Polaris SLT700 which is great, stable, easy to ride boat. But for pure acceleration and speed, you cannot beat the TS. No major mechanical problems either.

resident guru

Took the shark out the other day. With my wife and kids , she rode the seadoo. We started off at Destin, FL and rode all the way to Vaparaso, FL. It was a perfect day with out any problems. We hung out on a little island for awhile. About time we had a day of not fixing this shark...lol

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks to this forum i had a great time today,took the 93 daytona out today after rebulding the carb.Ran great for the first 100 yards then slowed to a crawl.But then i remembered readin about an exhust leak problem,opened it up and sure enough smoke...We found the leak wrapped it up with electrical tape,didnt have any duct tape!And ran all day long without a problem.Had such a good time were heading out again tomorrow ! !

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Greygoose's Avatar

Rode the 770 all afternoon yesterday.She runs wonderful!
    Mike

PWCToday Guru

took out the 1100R on lake of the woods and tooled around, worked great and got some good speeds out of it, very loud compared the new stuff but who cares. met up with a fellow who had a 2001 or so RXdi sea doo and he wanted to race an the ol shark took him down.
    '94 Barracuda Project

Ninja ZX-10R - 05
    Ninja 250 - 09

Been great all summer, specially since my buddy bought his Sea Doo. Mine is faster

Had the wife out with the tube too! Planning on going on a trip next weekend to try out some new lakes!

Cali94TSD640

All you TS folks will love this. A couple weeks ago I found a 94' TS Daytona sitting on the side of the road as part of a garage sale. I inquied and the lady said "I don't know anything about it, you'll have to talk to my husband." I asked her some general questions and she answered them to my satisfaction. She had all the maintenance records, the hull was sound and it turned over immediately. I asked why they were selling. She said " we have too many skis + a boat and I need a place to park my car..." I offered her $500 cash on the spot (keep in mind the TSD was on a single trailer). She saw the money and jumped on it. I got the title and drove off as fast as my Blazer could towing the TSD. I immediately took it to a local res (Coyote Res. in Gilroy, CA) dumped in the water, donned my WestMarine sport vest (yes that was aplug for my GF's company), jumped on the TSD, started it and took off from the dock. Here's where it gets funny -

I wasn't even out of the 5 MPH zone and took a swim . The laniard came off my wrist and the ski circled me mockingly. I swam over to the ski and yanked out the laniard. My big 275# butt could NOT get back on the damned thing as it would sink on either side as soon as I'd get a knee up. Finally a guy on another TS (not sure what type) saw me from across the lake and came screamin over to hold the nose of my TSD for me. Once my big rear was remounted, I got my sea legs again then got it out to open water.

Here's the ONLY bad thing, the engine bogged really bad in the primary. I knew the carb was freshly rebuilt and probably not dialed in. Now here's the GREAT part, as soon as the secondary kicked in I almost flipped off the back. I grabbed the bars tighter thus pulling in the throttle, came up to plane out and was exceedingly happy with the top end speed I was able to acheive. I turned around, headed for the dock, got out the trusty screw driver and dialed the carb a bit more. I spent a couple hours just goofing off on my new toy. WHAT A BLAST...

I don't care what others think about my 94 TSD, it's my first PWC and I'M HAPPY!!!

The water temp is just too nice to not be on the lake this summer. Took the family out again yesterday. I love SHARKIN'
    100_0493.JPG 100_0495.JPG 100_0492.JPG

100_0479.JPG 100_0436.JPG

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information