1997 Sea-doo XP Trim Motor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Sea-doo XP Trim Motor Problem

First off if this is in the wrong forum or on the wrong board, please forgive me. If it is, if someone would give me a link to where I could post this that would be great. I am new to this site and I am a complete moron when it comes to working on or with engines, so please forgive my stupidity here.

I have a 1997 Sea-Doo XP that I bought new in Jan of 1998. I used it for about 2 or 3 summers, then off and on till about the summer of 2003. Anyway it has sat in a shop of mine covered up since then. The last time it was used I had let a friend use it for the weekend back in 03 and I remember him telling me something wasn't working on it, but I am not for sure on that.

Last month I got it out and cleaned it up. I drained all the old oil and gas and replaced the spark plugs. I took it out the other day for the first time and it ran fine, but the trim will not go up or down and the trim guage isn't working.

Today I checked the fuses and I had one blown. It was the 4th fuse down from the top (a 7.5 fuse). I put a new fuse this afternoon but haven't taken it out yet to see if that was the problem.

My question is:

Can anyone give me some insight on what I need to do or check? Was the blown fuse the problem? Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to stuff like this.

• #2 Unapproved
    Re: 1997 Sea-doo XP Trim Motor Problem

Hi

You and every other Seadoo owner must have had this problem have a look at the link before it will help you no end.

Comment

• #3 Unapproved

Thanks for the link.

Now I have another question.

Is there a way that I can adjust the trim by hand to get it to where I like to have it when I ride? Instead of having to mess with all the electrical stuff?

Comment

• tom21
        Top Dog
        • Feb 2006

yes you can remove the cover and motor and adjust the screw til you have it where you want it. but as stated in the article the most common reason for failure is water intrusion so you need to make sure you are watertight first. also if the electric is bad and not the motor why trash it for the 10 bucks or so it costs for a new boot and some silicone?
        For parts or builds contact me at [email protected]

Comment

• #5 Unapproved

Where would I find a new boot and the silicone?

Comment

• tom21
            Top Dog
            • Feb 2006

any dealer or sd parts supply house. I order most of my parts from Riva just cause they ship to my door faster than the local place can get it in and I still have to go get it. others may have some good sources to share. anyone?
            For parts or builds contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X