Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    I dream skis

Quick question about Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil

can someone that has a jug of "Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil" tell me if this injection oil is ashless (ash free) or is it low ash?

thanks!
    Please excuse some of my replies, my English is not very good so I may misunderstand your question or my reply to your question may not make sense.

Frequent Poster

Re: Quick question about Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil

I don't have a jug here, but from what I have read the first generation was ashless then the second generation "XPS-II" which I think was later renamed to just XPS was low ash.

Why do you ask?

I dream skis

the reason I ask is that I don't have an owners manual for my 1995 XP800, however, it has a decal next to the oil filler, it says to use "Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil".

I'd like to buy a more readily available synthetic injection oil, however, I'm not sure if I need ashless or low ash.
    Please excuse some of my replies, my English is not very good so I may misunderstand your question or my reply to your question may not make sense.

Frequent Poster

Use a good API-TC rated oil and you should be fine. If you would like pricing on Amsoil just send me an email with your city, state, and zip code to sales@pomsynthetics.com

Aaron

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo-x
    Use a good API-TC rated oil and you should be fine. If you would like pricing on Amsoil just send me an email with your city, state, and zip code to sales@pomsynthetics.com

Aaron
    thanks for the offer, but I'm in Canada. I think shipping oil cross border is either difficult or costly (unless you are the government).

I'm still just trying to find out if the "Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil" is ashless or not. I'm thinking it is ashless.

PWCToday Newbie

XP-S is low ash.I beleive any of the API-TC rated oils is low ash. TCW-3 is no ash and not recomended for use in Rotax engines

Frequent Poster

Actually, we have a couple of distribution centers in Canada so shipping may not be as bad as you would think. If you let me know your shipping address I can get you a price quote. You never know.

sales@pomsynthetics.com
    Aaron

I dream skis

This is a qoute from the lable on the back of the container. "XP-S Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil is a uniquely formulated low ash two-stroke fully synthetic injection oil." It also states that this is a low smoke produceing oil.

ok...well, to drag this out a little...I know the XP-S is now XP-SII or something...but what is the "equivalent" the manual means? It's specific to mention that models using the BOMBARDIER-ROTAX injection oil can use a API-TC low ash equivalent. But, it only says an Equivalent high quality synthetic for the XP-S. Does that mean another API-TC or a TC-W3 or what? It's aweful apparent that the ROTAX injection oil and the XP-S syn. are totally different so how could the API-TC be an equivalent for both??

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by djdean
    This is a qoute from the lable on the back of the container. "XP-S Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil is a uniquely formulated low ash two-stroke fully synthetic injection oil." It also states that this is a low smoke produceing oil.
    thanks djdean, that is what I was hoping to hear. In the searching I've done, I'm reading conflicting information about whether it is ashless or not. I contacted the local seadoo dealer (3 hours away) he says he has "Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil" in stock. Maybe rather than struggle with an aftermarket brand, I will just buy from him and be done with it.

As for SeanCucf's question, I have no idea what the answer is.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information