Quick question about Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil - Page 2
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I dream skis

Re: Quick question about Bombardier Rotax Formula XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil

They really don't use that much oil unless you ride all the time. Maybe since you are that far from the dealer they will hook you up if you buy a case from them. If not check out one of the discount online part pushers like parker yamaha and see if it is cheaper to buy a case from them and have it shipped to you rather than wasteing a day driving to pay full price for the oil and the fuel you burn to get there and back. As far as using other oils I personaly only reccommend ams oil. Or you can use Penzoil PWC oil to get you buy.

Well, just in case this helps anyone. Here's what my manual says. It's a 2000 manual BTW..

Sean

I dream skis

just a quick update to this thread in case someone is doing some reading...

I was looking to figure out if my 1995 xp800 need "ashless" or did it need "low ash" oil because I read conflicting information. As I found in the information below, and is confirmed by the decal on 1995 xp800, the original recommended oil was ashless, it then switched to low ash...

"...XPS oil was a joint development of Castrol and Bombardier. Bombardier wanted a ‘universal’ high performance engine oil that they could use in all their recreational products. That meant oil would flow freely at –40 deg/f and still maintain sufficient film strength at 350 deg/f. The first generation of XPS (1995) was formulated using Ashless detergents; this allowed the Rave valves in the then new 787 motor to stick. The formula was later changed (1996) to a low ash detergent that eliminated the rave valve sticking problems. There have been several minor improvements in XPS since 1996. Castrol remains the only manufacturer of XPS. This is a proprietary blend sold only by Bombardier. There are a number of good API-TC type oils out there if you chose not to use XPS..."
    Please excuse some of my replies, my English is not very good so I may misunderstand your question or my reply to your question may not make sense.

jtackle

From a fellow Canadaian.....my local Cdn Tire carries Amsoil synthetic, and the guys on this site highly recommend it as an great alternative to SeaDoo brand synthetic.

Hope that helps.

I dream skis

Strange, I've been running Wal-Mart oil at 32:1 for months of hard riding and have NO wear.

I dream skis

I pulled the quote from here:

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/oil/oil.htm

hopefully I don't annoy anyone by quoting the article or posting the URL.

It is a long but interesting read.

My intention was to strictly update the thread I started with a reason why I read 2 different reports on the type of oil to use in my 1995 xp800.
    Please excuse some of my replies, my English is not very good so I may misunderstand your question or my reply to your question may not make sense.

I dream skis

That article does not stop me from using TCW-3 on my 717. Why? I have seen how hot an engine has to be to "burn" oil in the crankcase.

That article in a nutshell "API-TC holds up better under stress, that stress being if the motor leans out or a cooling line gets plugged." In which case the motor will probably blow anyway.

PWCToday Regular

I started to use Pennzoil synthetic blend a few months ago in my 97 XP and no problems yet.
    Take a look at this article. I noticed this:

PENNZOIL® PREMIUM OUTBOARD AND MULTI-PURPOSE TWO-CYCLE OIL may also be used in other
    applications calling for TC-W®, TC-WII® or TC-W3® approved oils. PENNZOIL® PREMIUM OUTBOARD AND
    MULTI-PURPOSE TWO-CYCLE OIL exceeds the API TC Service Classification requirements

It also meets manufacturer's requirements for use in snowmobile engines found in the following brands:
    *John Deere *Kawasaki *Polaris Star *Scorpion
    *Yamaha *Arctic Cat *Ski-doo

http://www.purvisbros.com/2cycle.htm

PWCToday Regular

I've been told always the XP-S replaced the XPS-II, and it is LOW ASH which is what you want in a Rotax 2-stroke.

Bozz

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Holy necro thread, batman!
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information