• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supraracer
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Jul 2004

Re-jet a 94 Polaris SL750

Do you all sell jets for this model? and would you reccomend which jet would work best with my setup.

Freshly rebuilt motor using all polaris parts and gaskets
    Freshly rebuilt carbs(under 2 hours)
    Ocean Pro Racing head
    Ocean Pro Air areators
    Mikuni 3way hi flow fuel pump
    SLT750 Reed spacers
    Boysen Dual Stage Carbon fiber power Reeds
    DC Tri-Oval exhaust
    Aftermarket prop (low end, very torquey)
    R&D choppy intake grate
    OceanPro extended Ride plate

Here is my issue:
    Originally posted by Supraracer
    ok update:

My compression reads 150 across the board. so thats fine

i replaced the spark plugs

I run 93 octane

now i had to turn the low speed screws 4-5 turns out from being seated for it to run perfect. and i no longer have hesitation or boggin problems. BUT

It will go WOT and plain out then after 10-12 secs it just dies. it seems to run out of fuel. like the carbs just empty out. you let it idle for a few seconds and it will allow for another 10-15secs of WOT. i tried richening the high speed and leaning the high speed setting and nothing. what it seems to me is a fuel restriction somewhere. and before i could bypass everything again and run it straight from the tank line to the pump, my middle carb set screw vibrated out and fell somewhere under the motor......yeah. but i figured id update you guys as you all have been very helpful. thanks
    --Ryan
    "The ROAR of my engine is the song of DOOM to my enemies"
    Its not hard choosing between right and wrong---The hard part is choosing which wrong is more right
  • SeaLion
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Mar 2002

Re: Re-jet a 94 Polaris SL750

After like 3 turns out you are not doing anything to richen it anymore. Do you still have the stock jetting in it? I had a similar set up and I never had to rejet even at sea-level riding. Did you pressure test the engine after the rebuild? What impeller is in it?
    "If debt is the problem, how is more debt the solution"?
    Ron Paul

If you lend someone $50 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it?

SUR #7

Check out the skis at:
    http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...llery/album72/

Comment

• Ocean Pro
      PWCToday Guru
      • Feb 2005

It does sound like a fuel delivery problem. Mixture (too lean or too rich) act's differently than what you discribed. I assume you put the mixture screw back in. Set your carbs at stock settings then start checking everthing gas tank vent, fuel on switch if it has one, all your lines.ect ect ect The early bn 38's have a restrictor in the fuel banjo .020 hole. These types of issues are hard to correct with out being there and gettin in to it. You shoudn't need much more than 1/2 turn over stock.
      If you have a question about anything OCEAN PRO makes it's worth a free phone call...Call 1-800-553-6650... Check Ocean Pro Engineering at http://stores.ebay.com/OCEAN-PRO-ENGINEERING-since-1977 ..Email [email protected] Hrs. 9am-5pm MON-FRI PST in CALIF. 29 years of unmatched original performance parts. Take it easy. Ken

Comment

• Supraracer
        PWCToday Newbie
        • Jul 2004

thats good to know. that was what i was going to troubleshoot next when my mixture screw fell out. but thanks.
        --Ryan
        Its not hard choosing between right and wrong---The hard part is choosing which wrong is more right

Comment

• SeaLion
          • Mar 2002

You might want to bypass the fuel petcock. It is known to twist internally and block fuel even though you have it in the "on" or "reserve" position. Did you plumb the new fuel pump correctly?
          Ron Paul

If you lend someone $50 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it?

SUR #7

Check out the skis at:

Comment

• Supraracer
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Jul 2004

if by plumb you mean keep it on the trailer and floor it until the air bubble were completly out of the lines. then yes.

They fuel switch is definately broken in the on position, cause it can be in the off position and still start and rev.
            --Ryan

Comment

• SeaLion
              • Mar 2002

Plumb I meant the fuel line plumbing/routing. You might want to bypass the petcock for to try it. Do you have water in your fuel/water seperator? Is the red ring in it floating or on the bottom of the bowl?
              Ron Paul

SUR #7

Check out the skis at:

Comment

Working...
              X