User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Small Fire Extinguisher for Freestyle Ski?

Quote Originally Posted by GrifNasty
    the main reason an extinguisher is to be keeped on a boat, is not to put out your own boat, as with most PWC standsups/sitdowns,,, if they catch fire theres no way anyone can get to them fast enoulf.. they make you carrey them if a boat near by catches fire,, you can give them a hand...
    I understand that, but I could not get my hood off in the water if I tried, so that argument goes out the door.

Don't get me wrong, I keep the fire extinguisher in my SXI, because it's stock and there is a place out of the ride tray to do so.

I know it's wrong and illegal, but i will deal with the consequences when/if I get a ticket.
    90 Limited Freestyle Square / 2006 Superjet, Superstock bigbore/ 96 WaveVenture 1100 being converted to a 701
    SUR#85 AWA Member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Boykid88
    Take a picture of a fire extinguisher and bracket, get it printed and put the sticker under the hood. When they ask again just flash it quick and hope that the're near sighted.
    That would be a classic...
    90 Limited Freestyle Square / 2006 Superjet, Superstock bigbore/ 96 WaveVenture 1100 being converted to a 701

I have always used the fire extinguisher compartment to hold other stuff. Especially on long rides to the beach, stuff like extra beers (for after riding). Occasionally there are a few expolders though. If I was asked to get into the f.e. compartment when I was in the water I don't think I could get it open the cap is really hard to turn. But now I have foot holds so that whole compartment is filled and gone. The cops around my lake are pretty nice to stand ups though, the do seem to pick on sit downs a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by rickster
    In a FS boat, there is just not room on the hood. All the room is taken up as as air storage for proglonged use under water.

A small extinguisher would be great, wrap it in turf, and strap it to the top of your battery.

It seems like it would not take up space (air storage) any different no matter where you put it inside....it still takes up the same amount of space
    SUR#143

www.watcon.com <<< Check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by sflsurfrider
    your mother must be proud to have pooped out such an accomplished turd.

I know it would take up space wherever it is, but my hood is modified and there is physically no place to mount it to the modified hood liner.

PWCToday Regular

Get an empty extinguisher (light in wheight) and glue it to underside of hood. You can also glue a bogus strap. Since the extinguisher is empty, the glue will hold it up.
    Hooked.
    1977 Kawasaki JS440 - Sold
    1983 Kawasaki JS550 - Mariner head, Mariner Rideplate, SBN44 w/ K&N Filter, BCW Intake Manifold, Factory Pipe water box, LS Exhaust Manifold, Cauffman full exhaust
    1990 Yamaha Super Jet - 701 Motor, ride plate, Stainless impeller
    1992 Kawasaki 550sx - Yamaha 650 Motor Rhaas Swap kit, Intake Grate, Ride plate, Stainless impeller
    1993 Kawasaki 750sx MONSTER- Factory pipe exhaust, Waterbox delete, etc..

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by ZFrog View Post
    Get an empty extinguisher (light in wheight) and glue it to underside of hood. You can also glue a bogus strap. Since the extinguisher is empty, the glue will hold it up.
    Did you notice how old this thread was before you woke it up?
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440
    1989 650sx
    1991 X2
    1992 750sx
    1995 900zxi (qty 2)
    1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

I think that one's a record. 10 years! I don't even know how you'd find a thread that old, lol.

Yeah, and we piss em out any how, "want to see my extinguisher?" Unzips shorts...

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    Did you notice how old this thread was before you woke it up?
    Yes I did. Does it make the information no longer relevant? Should I make duplicate threads? ....lol..

Let me follow the trend you started and ask a stupid question too: Do you know what the search feature is? Let me explain it to you (and Alter Ego Trip, bc he doesn't know how I found it). People in the future will search for this topic and then see relevant suggestions. Amazing right?

Thanks for your constructive input.
    Hooked.
    1977 Kawasaki JS440 - Sold
    1983 Kawasaki JS550 - Mariner head, Mariner Rideplate, SBN44 w/ K&N Filter, BCW Intake Manifold, Factory Pipe water box, LS Exhaust Manifold, Cauffman full exhaust
    1990 Yamaha Super Jet - 701 Motor, ride plate, Stainless impeller
    1992 Kawasaki 550sx - Yamaha 650 Motor Rhaas Swap kit, Intake Grate, Ride plate, Stainless impeller
    1993 Kawasaki 750sx MONSTER- Factory pipe exhaust, Waterbox delete, etc..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information