User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Small Fire Extinguisher for Freestyle Ski?

Does anyone know where to buy a small "legal" fire extinguisher that I can put into the engine compartment of my FS superjet? I've been looking around for a while but no luck.

Thanks

PWCToday Guru

Re: Small Fire Extinguisher for Freestyle Ski?

Im curious too, I basically have to strap mine to my back on my SXI. Pretty dumb rule, if mine caught fire, the last thing I could get to is my extinguisher...why cant we just roll them upside down?? Stupid laws.

Never been bothered by that law yet. Two years ago the local officer asked me if I had one but I jumped in the water and demonstrated how I could roll my SJ over easy enough, he went away.
    Last year he asked again and then added that I may need it to put out another boat that was on fire. This year I jumped in the water and demonstrated a fountain, he went away...wet! LOL

It's a good thing he has a sense of humor, he just bugs us so he can say he did. After boating is done he comes around for free beer.
    I believe in my heart that if everyone rode beautiful woman and ugly skis the world would be a much happier place.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    07- 760cc Freeride Superjet,
    2010 Trinity Matrix with Team Scream SS865

I don't know if you guys have "Wal-marts" in your area, but here in minnesota they sell PWC extinguishers that will fit in the small Stand-Up compartments.

They run $9.97

Brian P. '90 SN SJ 701
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600
    2003 Honda 400EX
    SUR# 203

Yes we have wal-marts but I am looking for a small fire extinguisher. When I made the boat a FS boat the fire extinguisher compartment was taken off the boat with its old hood.

Here in CA they will bother you, ticket you, then tell you to go home if they are in a frisky mood and you dont have the proper equipment. Just want to go have fun and not worry about it.

I wonder of you could adapt the same style bracket as a stock SXR that mounts to the underside of the hood?
    I believe in my heart that if everyone rode beautiful woman and ugly skis the world would be a much happier place.

In a FS boat, there is just not room on the hood. All the room is taken up as as air storage for proglonged use under water.

A small extinguisher would be great, wrap it in turf, and strap it to the top of your battery.

I personally keep it in my truck, and will deal with a ticket if it comes. Most of the cops in So. Fla just want to watch you throw your boat around, and really do not bother the standups.
    90 Limited Freestyle Square / 2006 Superjet, Superstock bigbore/ 96 WaveVenture 1100 being converted to a 701
    SUR#85 AWA Member since 2005

PWCToday Guru

the main reason an extinguisher is to be keeped on a boat, is not to put out your own boat, as with most PWC standsups/sitdowns,,, if they catch fire theres no way anyone can get to them fast enoulf.. they make you carrey them if a boat near by catches fire,, you can give them a hand...

i had a **** a22 officer pull me over the 2ed week of getting my ski... i just wanned to do a huge ****ing fountain and spray it into their boat

On my 92 SJ the fire extinguisher is located in a plastic container at the front of the tray. I've thought about removing it but it really isn't in the way all that often. It's a handy location escpecially if you really needed it, plus you could take it in and out easy enough for those times when it would interfere with playing.

My local signmaker just informed me that they now have the setup to print any picture onto a decal. Take a picture of a fire extinguisher and bracket, get it printed and put the sticker under the hood. When they ask again just flash it quick and hope that the're near sighted.

Oops, missed the pics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information