Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

SeaDoo 4TEC Stainless Steel Exhaust Bypass

Constructed of Aircraft Quality #304 Stainless Steel, these exhaust bypass tubes will replace the OEM plastic resonator in most SeaDoo 4TEC watercraft.

By replacing this resonator, you can reduce the backpressure of the exhaust while gaining both power AND fuel economy.

Unlike other brands who use Aluminum, Stainless Steel is corrosive resistant. These bypass tubes will work in both fresh AND salt water applications.

Constructed with flared ends, no special tools required. Simply remove your OEM resonator, and bridge the gap with this tube. Using the OEM clamps makes installation a BREEZE!

To order, send request to : nutdough@hotmail.com
    $30.00, plus shipping

http://www.theudells.com/PWC/gallery...haust_main.htm
    (click on link for pics)

Re: SeaDoo 4TEC Stainless Steel Exhaust Bypass

I'm curious how this increases both power and fuel economy. Is this based upon theory or actual tests?
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

PWCToday Regular

Fuel economy gain is very slight, but it is there...

This resonator bypass, similar to the pictured "brand X", helps reduce backpressure. This reduction in back pressure will allow the motor to make a little more power. While cruising at normal speed, fuel economy will improve slightly. It all depends on how heavy your throttle hand is...

And just like an automobile, a free flowing exhaust will increase fuel economy based on the new found power...Since less power is now needed to get the same result (cruising, genral driving, etc...) your motor willnot have to work "as hard" to get the same results it did...

Seeing as you list yourself as an owner of an RXT, that unit has a 15 gallon tank. If you were to run that ski at WOT for the entire tank, you would go through it in about 70 minutes...With the addition of the bypass, you can increasethat to 75 minutes, roughly...

This bypass is mainly a quick way to give your ski a throatier, more aggressive sound without having to invest hundreds into a full exhaust pipe...

Similar units are sold by other companies, for almost twice the price...We have a way to produce an almost identical unit for almost half that...

ebtide

Sounds like a great product but you should not get past the "aircraft quality stainless" dialog. Aircraft does not see fresh water nor high-temp salty sea water. Type #304 satinless steel is only a notch above #303 which is not impervious to marine environments. This product should be made from marine grade #316L stainless steel to withstand the vigors of marine activities and high alkaline salt corrosive attacks. Sure...this very low carbon high nickle stainless steel is more expensive than common #304, but we are talking water...not air (as in aircraft). Metalurgically speaking...you're just a little off base. Sure...better than aluminum...but it will corrode unless type #316L stainless is employed.

These are my sincere observations as I too am an avid PWC route-a-bout.

PWCToday Regular

The material that we are using is scrap material we purchased from a local company that was using the tubing to supply Boeing Aircraft with specific parts...Thus the aircraft statement.

"Constructed of Aircraft Quality #304 Stainless Steel", sounds a lot better than "scrap material from a local company that was suppling Boeing Aircraft with specific parts"
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional-Retired
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (29 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (41 years)
    The opposite of Progress is Congress!!!!

PWCToday Regular

What some people consider scrap, others see opportunity...

I know, I understand, and I feel your position....my point was for the pepole questioning your material choice....What I was saying is...from a marketing point of view.....Your choice of words are much better than the second choice I provided.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional-Retired
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (29 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (41 years)
    The opposite of Progress is Congress!!!!

PWCToday Regular

I completely agree.

With messageboards, it can be tough to judge what one says if the wording is not stated correctly. And even THEN it still can be misunderstood...

What material stainless, is the stock J-pipe that leads from the manifold to the waterbox?
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information