» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday Regular

Re: sltx 1050 weak spark

Yep, fill us in.
    \"Slightly stock\"

Well, if you remember the first of this thread, the thing sunk under the elec box last summer. I cleaned everything out the best I could and installed a new sbt s/b.
    The thing cranked and ran out of water. When I backed it at the landing, It would rev up normally for about the first three seconds, then only between 18-2200 rpms. I took it back out and started checking resistor boots, coil, cdi, stator ect.
    I eventually replaced the stator, coil and cdi w/no friggin results. My cust (used to be former bud) and I gave up for the summer. Then last month I decided to stab at it again with this post.
    Ph2ocraft mentioned something that I hadn't really thought about..... the terminal board and voltage regulator! The voltage regulator wasn't supplying the cdi with proper voltage. It was only getting battery voltage. Which explains why the spark was weak. It would rev good with fresh charge (3-5) secs and then the spark would deteriorate to barely visible.
    Ph2ocraft enlightened me on where a couple of wires should've been changed.
    I changed the terminal board and voltage regulator (and the mods from Ph) and viola! I'm back in business. I hope this escapade will somehow help someone else that may be balding in the future, cause i doggone pulled my hair out!

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by twinstack1 View Post
    Well, if you remember the first of this thread, the thing sunk under the elec box last summer. I cleaned everything out the best I could and installed a new sbt s/b.
    The thing cranked and ran out of water. When I backed it at the landing, It would rev up normally for about the first three seconds, then only between 18-2200 rpms. I took it back out and started checking resistor boots, coil, cdi, stator ect.
    I eventually replaced the stator, coil and cdi w/no friggin results. My cust (used to be former bud) and I gave up for the summer. Then last month I decided to stab at it again with this post.
    Ph2ocraft mentioned something that I hadn't really thought about..... the terminal board and voltage regulator! The voltage regulator wasn't supplying the cdi with proper voltage. It was only getting battery voltage. Which explains why the spark was weak. It would rev good with fresh charge (3-5) secs and then the spark would deteriorate to barely visible.
    Ph2ocraft enlightened me on where a couple of wires should've been changed.
    I changed the terminal board and voltage regulator (and the mods from Ph) and viola! I'm back in business. I hope this escapade will somehow help someone else that may be balding in the future, cause i doggone pulled my hair out!
    I am living your nightmare....what were the mods from Ph. I have changed the battery,stator, flywheeel, CDI, and ignition coil and electricial board! I have a weak orange spark. I have changed the voltage regulator, but went back to the original as it was smaller and I didn't think the new one was right because it was larger.
    Thank you in advance for your reply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information