Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Through Hull depth finder-FXHO

Has anyone mounted the throuh the hull shooting transponder in an FXHO. I am looking for the place in the hull to glue down the transponder that will work best. The depth finder is the Norcross 1120D. Please give me suggestions if anyone has used one.
    BB

PWCToday Regular

Re: Through Hull depth finder-FXHO

That will be nice to have. Where are you mounting the display? What year is your FXHO? I have an 05. Would like to hear about your end result.

resident guru

OK, sorry but I have to ask:

Are you going to fish from your FXHO?

Richard
    1990 Yamaha Superjet (need some mats and intermediate shaft!)
    1991 650 Yamaha Superjet (ported with coffman pipe, aftermarket impeller, grate and rideplate)
    1996 580 Seadoo SP (pullin the tube)

I have been considering buying one of these also. I have an '03 FX140. Let us know how it works out for you.
    2003 Yamaha FX140

"You think you know, but you have know idea..."

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home RiverDad's Avatar

I have had a Garmin178c Sounder Plotter in my 05 Crusier for 6months and around 60 hrs.

The transducer ...I mounted it next to the pump tunnel (port side) in the rear compartment. I used a neutral cure,white, silicone and it worked great !

I could read bottom at 50mph in smooth water.

The transducer actually sat over the lip of the double hull section in that area ...the silicone was about 1/2-5/8 th thick under the transducer. Make sure you dont get air in the silicone under the transducer.

I'll see if I have a pic.

Great having a bottom alarm at speed .... I had it set for 3 feet !!!

I'm in the process of re-installing it in my 06 Cruiser ....

Anthony
    05 Yamaha FX160 Cruiser -140 hrs Traded... 06 Yamaha Black Cruiser - 145hrs... 06 Yamaha 50th Ann Cruiser - 110hrs. In Australian waters ........

Here is a pic of transducer placement. Its the black object just under the red tow tap/valve. You can see the white silicone around it ... that holds it to the floor ....

Regards
    Anthony
    05 Yamaha FX160 Cruiser -140 hrs Traded... 06 Yamaha Black Cruiser - 145hrs... 06 Yamaha 50th Ann Cruiser - 110hrs. In Australian waters ........

Anthony, what is that red shut-off valve for?
    Thanks Rbi

'04 Yamaha FX 140
    '04 Honda R-12
    AWA Member

Member of http://www.socalwatercraftclub.com/

The valve (tap) is placed in the main water inlet line to allow the craft to be towed with the engine off ... greater than 5mph ... which is the limit set by Yamaha that the craft can be towed without filling the cylinders with water via the exhaust systems water cooled manifolds and pipes.

You can simply turn this valve off ... and then tow the ski behind a boat on the plane at 30 knots if you want ...

The jet system on our skis has a smaller outlet than an inlet so as you tow through the water pressure builds. Normally the water is kept out by exhaust pressure with the engine running. As the engine is not running, with more than 5 mph towed the building pressure will overcome the exhaust resistance and flood the engine internals.

If you intend doing this mod you have to make sure the valve and its barbs are not of a smaller diameter than the inlet hose ID. The Yamaha cooling system on the 4 strokes utilises a thermostat and pressure relief seat ( thats the right hand side pisser) so no smaller than stock IDs should be used that might restrict water flow volume or decrease pressure.

Anthony

PWCToday Regular

Darn I am glad I found this board, find new & helpful info everyday! I have been looking for a towing solution and Anthony has provided it! Still want to hear more about the depth finder though.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad
    The valve (tap) is placed in the main water inlet line to allow the craft to be towed with the engine off ... greater than 5mph ... which is the limit set by Yamaha that the craft can be towed without filling the cylinders with water via the exhaust systems water cooled manifolds and pipes.

You can simply turn this valve off ... and then tow the ski behind a boat on the plane at 30 knots if you want ...

The jet system on our skis has a smaller outlet than an inlet so as you tow through the water pressure builds. Normally the water is kept out by exhaust pressure with the engine running. As the engine is not running, with more than 5 mph towed the building pressure will overcome the exhaust resistance and flood the engine internals.

If you intend doing this mod you have to make sure the valve and its barbs are not of a smaller diameter than the inlet hose ID. The Yamaha cooling system on the 4 strokes utilises a thermostat and pressure relief seat ( thats the right hand side pisser) so no smaller than stock IDs should be used that might restrict water flow volume or decrease pressure.

Anthony
    Great idea Riverdad, I'm going to look into doing that to my Kawasaki.
    2006 / STX-12F 100 hours. 56MPH w/GPS
    1991/ TS-650 lots of hours (sold)
    AWA Member

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information