pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

need 1990 Seadoo SP wiring diagram

I'm trying to put an early yellow motor in my 92 SP. I have the early electrical box, but I'm not 100% sure where everything goes. Does anyone have a copy of the 1990 wiring diagram? Thanks,

Aaron

Tech Guru PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Watercraft Magic's Avatar

Re: need 1990 Seadoo SP wiring diagram

You cannot mismatch the stator and flywheel from a yellow 587 motor if you are using the white "92 587 engine's electrical components.
    If you use the stator and flywheel from the white motor on the yellow motor, the oem 92 SP electrical components with all work fine.
    Exactly what are you trying to do as far as the electrical systems ?
    email Chris at Watercraft Magic cdofixr1@live.com
    Weekdays, (626)914-9509

Perhaps pitcures will help?

I know what the inside of a yellow 587 electrical box looks like. Now answer my questions so I can help you.
    Weekdays, (626)914-9509

The top two pictures show the ~1990 model electrical box. The following wires are destiantion un-known. I need help identifying where the items need to be connected.

red with male bullet connector off the rev limiter

2 loose red wires with female bullets off the solenoid (does one go to the rev limiter red wire?)

brown wire with a "hole terminal" other end of the wire is on a small post on the solenoid

while male _ probably the temp sender

The following wires are from the 1992 SP body

in a group of 3
    purple with male bullet
    black/yellow with male bullet
    black with round hole terminal

in a pair
    black/yellow with female bullet
    black/yellow with male bullet

pair
    black/while with male bullet
    black/white with female bullet

Thanks,

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O'Neal
    You cannot mismatch the stator and flywheel from a yellow 587 motor if you are using the white "92 587 engine's electrical components.
    If you use the stator and flywheel from the white motor on the yellow motor, the oem 92 SP electrical components with all work fine.
    Exactly what are you trying to do as far as the electrical systems ?
    I have the yellow/early electrical box.

I have a yellow motor.

I have a white (newer) hull and need to know what wires to connect where to make the ski run.

The 92 electrical box is fried.

I know I look like a newbie idiot, so thanks for trying to help. What I really need is a look at the early wiring harness and I can compare it to the 1992 wiring diagram (that I have).

Aaron

You cannot use the 92 engine electrical components with the 1990 electrical components that are in the 1990 grey box.

The yellow ignition is a seperate CDI driven coil ignition and has a seperate rev limiter. The stator has two coils. The magnets on the flywheel are about 15 degrees different that on the 92 flywheel.

The 1992 white ignition uses an intergal coil with a built in CDI and a seperate MPEM. The 1992 flwheel magnets are located in a different position and the 1992 stator has 1 coil on it.

Pu the yellow 1990 flywheel and stator assembly onto the white motor and use the 1990 ignition, or vise versa.

EDIT, we were both typing at the same time.
    Weekdays, (626)914-9509

Thanks Bill. The electrical box is yellow/early and the motor is yellow/early. The parts I am trying to adapt are the starter switch wires, the temp buzzer wires, the kill switch wires, and the safety teather wires. Plus a few wires inside the yellow/early box that were disconnected when I got it. I am sure that a 1990 wiring diagram would solve my problems.

Aaron

Arron,
    I do not have the schematic in front of me. It can be found in the service manual, which I do not have at my disposale right now. Sorry, but maybe someone else has one handy.

I could put it together, but it would be extremely confusing to try to tell you without the schematic in front of me, or an open 1988-1991 electrical box to go by.

This may help you some if you are using the 1990 stator on your motor.
    The yellow/red wire with the ring connector coming from the switches connects to the solenoid positive side termanal.
    The red wire with the fuse holder in the middle connects to the big lug on the positive side of the solenoid with the positive battery cable. The other end connects to the blk/yellow coming from the kill switch on the handle bars.

All black wires go to grounds except the one from the rev limiter.

Yellow and Yellow/black come from the stator and connect to the rectifier yellow wires.
    Red from stator connects to black from rev limiter.
    Brown from stator connects to the brown female connector on the brown wire with the ring connector and a second brown Y'd together near the ring connector. The ring connector goes onto the screw that holds the rectifier in place. That screw also gets the black wires that are Y'd together with the ring connector. It is one of the grounding lugs in the system, as well as the anchor for the rectifier.
    The white wire from the stator goes through the box and connects to the white wire going up to the switches.

The brown from the rev limiter connects to the negative side of the solenoid. ( left lug on the solenoid).

The starter switch on the dashboard of the hull has three wires coming into the electrical box. As stated before, white to white., red to red on rev limiter, purple to black going up to the kill switch.

I think that about covers it. Are you confused yet?
    Edit: Again, we were typing at the same time. And I forgot, the red wire on the rectifier goes to the positive side of the solenoid.
    Weekdays, (626)914-9509

I think you are going to have some issues with the hull switces and wiring being different. IIRC at least one of the switches (start stop lanyard) changed from normally open to normally closed. Remend me I'll scan the diagrams for you but I wont be able to get to it till monday at least.

Thread Information