Largest PWC

Superstore

Collapse

Officer says he was sober at time of boating accident---(California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GB-GMAN
    Frequent Poster
    • Apr 2003

Re: Officer says he was sober at time of boating accident---(California)

What's up with the clock on this board?

3:06 am ?

my clock says 9:06 pm central time

at least they have my today right!
    I have Thunder Down Under !

Comment

The guy is an A hole and should do time but here is my two cents. If he wasnt a public safety officer they would never have said his occupation in the first place. Who decided that public safety officials should be at the bottom of the pay scale anyway? As far as unions go your all wrong. They are there to protect the rights and jobs (this includes adding new jobs) of their members. You also missed the fact that he is married. Most public safety employees I know both spouses work and usually the other spouse makes more money. I happen to work as both a public safety employee and as a self employeed contractor. Not because I want to but because I have to. No I dont have a $60,000 boat ( I have two broke @ss jet skis) and live in a VERY modest house. Every occpation has their fair share of idiots and every one makes stupid mistakes. The quetion is not how he afforded his boat, how much he makes, what kind of breaks he gets , or even if he was drunk, but how could he leave someone he critically injured without rendering care! This tellls you what kind of person he is. Come on if you hit a jet ski it's going to make a loud noise and a BIG bump. Just my two cents worth.

Comment

• leon phelps
        I dream skis
        • Jan 2006

A couple things here....

If the guy was a pimp or a cop makes no difference....he shouldnt have been drunk and driving a boat. I did it once and it never will happen again. I drive big boats and the reaction times and sensations of movement are totally blurred. I know someone will tell me that they are heavy drinkers and they have a great tolerance...I drink a 30 pack a day for Mardi Gras week with no ill effects. No small chore. Since there is only uncredible eyewithness testimony, there is no proof he was drunk when he hit the boat.

Who cares how this guy paid for the boat. I dont get jealous of people for having nice things. I may crack jokes about them, but the guy could feed his wife homegrown food and ride a bicycle to work, not my business. Maybe his mom bought the boat for him. Was he properly trained how to operate it? Did he have a license?

We have all seen people on PWC's who do not follow the rules. The story fails to mention the rules of navigation and who was the give way vessel. Very important things for deciding fault for marine accidents. While driving large boats I see PWC riders who are idiots all of the time. Anyone remember the Gloria Estephan mishap? I dont think she was at fault.

As for the types of cops. I am generally not a fan of law enforcement. I have been arrested several times and none of the experiences have been pleasant. I have learned that if arrested, the police officer will be taking his life in his hands while he is trying to wreck my life. Thats is his decision to do. If he didnt want to do it, he can choose other fields of work. I choose not to assert authority over people even though I am smarter than most and can handle myself. I also have one of my best friends who is a cop. We talk about the good parts and bad parts of his job. He knows them and is compensated well for them.

Enough of my rant.
        Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a tag team made in the Marcy Projects.

"I am about to go from ashy to classy. " Big E Smalls

Comment

Originally posted by leon phelps
          As for the types of cops. I am generally not a fan of law enforcement. I have been arrested several times and none of the experiences have been pleasant. I have learned that if arrested, the police officer will be taking his life in his hands while he is trying to wreck my life. Thats is his decision to do. If he didnt want to do it, he can choose other fields of work. I choose not to assert authority over people even though I am smarter than most and can handle myself. I also have one of my best friends who is a cop. We talk about the good parts and bad parts of his job. He knows them and is compensated well for them.

Enough of my rant.
          hmmmm, interesting. Hes trying to wreck your life? Not just doing his job? Interesting. Generally not a fan.....I will reserve comment.

Comment

• leon phelps
            I dream skis
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by miami-k9

Enough of my rant.
            hmmmm, interesting. Hes trying to wreck your life? Not just doing his job? Interesting. Generally not a fan.....I will reserve comment.
            Do you think you make the world a safer place by being a cop? You think you make the world safer by parking tickets? How about people who dont stop completely at stop signs? You think when people pay high insurance prices for weak tickets that you are not wrecking peoples lives? Could that be doing your job or wrecking lives?

How about the DUI's when people have rough spells in life? Not that I am advocating drinking and driving. Then they cant drive to work, get insurance, earn a living, pick their kids up. It must be their fault that the wife leaves, loved ones die, they lose their job, you know the regular life stuff. You think bars have parking lots for the designated drivers or for people drinking and driving? The reality is in your face.

I guess I shouldnt comment either, that is why I only ask questions.

/end of rant/
            Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a tag team made in the Marcy Projects.

"I am about to go from ashy to classy. " Big E Smalls

Comment

Originally posted by miami-k9

Enough of my rant.
              Do you think you make the world a safer place by being a cop? You think you make the world safer by parking tickets? How about people who dont stop completely at stop signs? You think when people pay high insurance prices for weak tickets that you are not wrecking peoples lives? Could that be doing your job or wrecking lives?

How about the DUI's when people have rough spells in life? Not that I am advocating drinking and driving. Then they cant drive to work, get insurance, earn a living, pick their kids up. It must be their fault that the wife leaves, loved ones die, they lose their job, you know the regular life stuff. You think bars have parking lots for the designated drivers or for people drinking and driving? The reality is in your face.

I guess I shouldnt comment either, that is why I only ask questions.

/end of rant/

In your first rant you asked 5 (five) questions. I will answer each of them.

1. Yes
              2. Yes
              3. Most definately Yes! See a 6 yr olds brains spread across the pavement and argue with me then.
              4. Yes thats possible but I might also be helping them get their life on track, by making them re-evaluate their priorities....not everyone deserves/needs to operate a motor vehicle.
              5. My job is to help people. If I hurt 1 person, yet as a result help 3, then I have done my job well.

As for your second rant.....I speak of him often, I will never forget his mothers face (his was unrecognizable), he was 6 or 8 years old, riding on his big brothers handlebars, hit by a drunk driver who ran thru a stop sign and hit them as they rode on the opposite side of the street. His 50lb body was thrown at least 70ft (I could tell because thats where the brain matter started), bits and chunks of his skull and hair were lodged in the windshield of the car that hit him. His mother sat on the hot concrete without speaking, unable to move, unable to touch him. I was sick to my stomach for days.

Now see that .............just once.

I dont give a F**K about how tough your life is. I dont give a Sh*T about your divorce or your financial troubles or you losing a job or your "regular life stuff". DUI's are always the ones that walk away with barely a scratch, That piece of human garbage parked his car within eyesight of the scene, walked into his house, sat down and had another beer. Im the one that found him.

Now that we all know that you support child killers I will allow the fellow posters to judge your character from this point on. I have already made up my mind.

Comment

• newskiier
                PWCToday Regular
                • Feb 2005

Well said miami, the anticops on this board are unbelievable. I am a 39 year old retired cop. Not retired cause i want to be, retired cause some pos shot me in my face a point blank range. I guess i deserved it though, right ladysman? I mean I shouldnt have tried to stop him for driving on the wrong side of the street in the middle of the summer while passing a community lake with children crossing the street. Hey that ticket I would have written him might have ruined his life, what was I thinking. And on top of that, I am sure I was over paid, heck I even had a house and a minivan for my wife and kids. But the best of all, you anticops compare cleaning gutters to taking the criminals off the street, I was shot on my sons fourth birthday, on the way to his party, but I couldnt let this driver hurt someone, so I decided to make the car stop before I went home.
                As for their being a waiting list for cops, that is in most of the smaller departments, but I read an article on msn two days ago that was detailing how short all major departments are. So if you know somebody that cant get a job as a cop, they arent trying real hard or they are undesirable for some reason.
                "Where is my m----- f---in movie check?"

image hosted by ImageVenue.com

Comment

• GB-GMAN
                  Frequent Poster
                  • Apr 2003

If the officer at the time of the accident was drunk, THROW the book at him. Just like they would do if it were me. Sometimes the law seems to throw a harder book at people if they should know better like an officer of the law, one employed to protect the public.

I'm sure in his years of service he's had to testify, so if he's guilty he has had enough coaching time from his training to belittle and defend any actions.

I am glad there's police on duty trying to protect me and my family.
                  it just seems that they're not going after the more harder criminals (people with warrants). When the news gets out that the police arrested xxxxx criminels, the people would like to think drug dealers, thiefts, murderers, embezilers, hoods & thugs, gangsters, mobsters, Ilegals, rapest. Speeding is also a crime but if they are going to cite one person for 3 mph over they should cite all for 3 mph over. and most definatly no mercy for excessive speeding, children are on the roads walking and playing.

When is this comming to trial. I'd like to see the outcome.

PAT
                  I have Thunder Down Under !

Comment

• newskiier
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Feb 2005

Not to be nitpicking, but speeding is not a crime, it is a traffic violation, so if somebody gets arrested for speeding, it does not count as a criminal arrest. I also find it hard to believe the boat driver didnt feel the impact, or that he drank all those beers after the impact, but I was not there and do not know for sure what happened. If that was not a cop driving that boat, there would be a lot more people on this board wanting the whole story before assuming guilt. Do I think he was guilty? yes. Do I KNOW he is guilty? No that is what the trial will be for, and I am curious like the rest to see if he really is guilty.
                    "Where is my m----- f---in movie check?"

image hosted by ImageVenue.com

Comment

Working...
                    X