Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: seadoo info gauge repair

Quote Originally Posted by nemiro View Post
    I did this last night on my 96 GSX, it worked perfectly! I thought the gauge was shot. Even after I removed the old film, it appeared that the display was not coming to life, but placing the polarizer on it made it clear as day. Thanks for this great article!
    Where did u get the film I emailed the guy who made the write up but nvr heard heard back he said he sells it but no reply

I have a question: If your gauge works, but the polarization film is f---cked, will you be able to see anything at all displayed on the gauge?

Anyone?

My gauge shows nothing, so before buying another one I took it apart and cleaned off the old polarization film, cleaned glass with denatured alchohol, then re-installed the gauge, and there is still Nothing displayed on the gauge. Nothing.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

If you didn't put new polarization film on it you will never see anything, without the film the LCD does not work.
    Helping the PWCT community with service related issues since 2006, what have you done for PWCT lately ?

If this was a comedian forum I would be Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get no respect !

PWCToday Guru

Does anyone have a picture of a bad gauge and a fixed one?

I recently bought a '96 GSX that the gauge was water logged and complete shot, I installed a new gauge which works, but out on the water it can be a little hard to see, I'm fairly sure it's just because of the sun glaring on it, but if anyone has before and after pictures that would help.

My screen is wrinkled or anything.

Thanks,

-TheChad
    1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    - Bill O' Neal Jet Kit
    - ProK Flame Arrestor's w/Outerwares Pre-Filters
    - Worx Racing Intake Grate (WR 208)
    - Hydro-Turf Traction Pad's (Cut Diamond Pattern)

1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    -
    -
    -

Can anyone else confirm what WFO is saying?

Without the polarization film, there is absolutely nothing? No light emitted or anything at all visible? Even in the dark?

So the only way to know if my info guage works at all, is to take it all apart, order and install polarization film, then re-install it and hope it works?

It just sounds too simple that the polarization film solves everything.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Normally I would take offense to this but I remember asking the same questions when I read the ad on Ebay, thats when I started doing my research and ran across this article, it should answer any questions you may have regarding LCD's.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lcd.htm
    Helping the PWCT community with service related issues since 2006, what have you done for PWCT lately ?

If this was a comedian forum I would be Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get no respect !

I have a tip for those who - like me - think/hope that the only thing you need to fix your Seadoo LCD info gauge is to buy $10 worth of polarization film and your gauge will work just like new again. NOT.

Turned out to be a total waste of time removing all my gauges and all those wires, taking the info gauge all apart, buying some polarization film, waiting for delivery, putting it all back together, only to start my ski and find out what I believed all along, that my gauge is actually F--KED and there is no fairy tale ending.

PWCToday Newbie

all you have to make sure is you buy "polarized" tint or else it will not work. You should be able to pick some up at auto zone or somewhere like that or the super cheap route would be to take the gauge apart carefully scrape off old film and use some polarized sunglasses works great just cant read gauge with no glasses on

PWCToday Regular

Well, it fixed mine. But you could tell it worked before I replaced the film. There was a very slight indication that some information was underneath the wrinkled and brown film.

That is just my particular case.

I dream skis

Fixed mine too what a pita, but it works now. Madfish I didn't read the whole thread what year and model is your ski?
    2012 Seadoo GTR-4" Kana intake, Resonator delete, Groco and Bilge, Vtech, other tweaks-74mph @8340 rpms.
    1997 Seadoo GTX-500+ hrs, Bill O's Rejet, F/As, Solas PPG Tuned Prop -54.8 Gps at 7040 rpms-Rebuilt engine, custom painted, 97 SPX waterbox, ride plate bolts filled in.
    1996 Seadoo GTX-120 hours-Rejetted/FAs,NuJet Prop (pitched by me)-better on bottom end and chop then the 97, 53.8 Gps at 6920 rpms.
    1996 Seadoo GTX-116hrs, FA/Rejetted/Prop/-NJ vacation ski
    2002-Honda F12x-239hrs-For Sale!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information