Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    harleymike

1998 SeaDoo gsx limited

Does anybody have any input on this model? Thinking on buying one that has 104 hours on it. Would appreciate any input...Thanks, Mike

Re: 1998 SeaDoo gsx limited

they're pretty nice from what i've heard... i wouldn't mind having one for the big rollers on lake michigan...

-dewsy
    X racer...

very good jumper, very bad in the chop, motor is a reliability catastrophy.

plus it has purple trim (sorry I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)...

harleymike

Quote Originally Posted by 11

Thanks for your input! I know it has purple trim...yikes but the price was ok for that year and its well taken care of. $2200.00 I thought was a good price....Mike

harleymike

Thanks for your input....Mike

price is good but make sure the pipe gasket was updated, because if it wasn't it will leak and spray water right into the carbs.

harleymike

Quote Originally Posted by dewsy
    they're pretty nice from what i've heard... i wouldn't mind having one for the big rollers on lake michigan...

-dewsy

Thanks for your input....Mike

harleymike

price is good but make sure the pipe gasket was updated, because if it wasn't it will leak and spray water right into the carbs.

Was this a recall or a modification I need to do and is it a new style part?
    Thanks, Mike

To 11's reply, I would add that it IS actually a two-person craft as long as those people are between average and small. I have ridden a GSi(same hull) with more than 350 lbs on it without too much trouble. But it is still fun when you are alone. If I had to own just one boat, this would be it because it is pretty good at everything.

The ride in only slightly smoother than an X4 in choppy condition. I used to hear people say that it will throw the rider without warning. Never understood this until I rode a slalom course with my bro and another rider ahead of me. One second I am doing good and wondering why they are so slow then next I am flying thru the air hoping the boat doesn't hit me.

I have had mine for two seasons and, except for a big goof by me, I have only had a rotten battery cable to deal with. The goof? I added sponsons and apparently left an exhaust hose loose. It popped off and sunk the boat. I was able to get it running again but didn't notice that water had entered the oil tank(I still don't know how). Water is a very poor substitute for oil and a seizure followed.

The only purple left on mine is on the sticker that surrounds the fuel selecor and the little plastice peice under the rear loop(where the pissers are).

I bought mine last season with only 70 hrs. and have been having a ball with it. It outruns almost anyone on the lake with minor mods. Downside is the ride quality. If you ride 2-up, your passenger is basically holding on for dear life at high speed. Most people seem to say you need to cross your fingers to get more than 100 hours out of the 951 engine, but I have had no problems...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information