Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    polar bear

Homemade one way valve

How do you make this so called "home depo" one way valve? any tips/install advice?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt_E's Avatar

Re: Homemade one way valve

You go to Home Depot and buy it.
    Seriously, look in their sump pump section...I believe it's called a sump pump check valve or something like that.
    Get PVC pipe to go with it, and install.
    And do a board search. This topic is like a mushy stinky dead horse after the beatings it's been getting.
    If I sound like a moron, it's only because I haven't typed enough words yet.

Jetworks....Blowsion....Superfreak!....Thrust Innovations

there are 2 different sumpdump valves at homedepot, one that you glue to a pvc pipe and one that has rubber hose clamps, i went with the rubber hose clamp one because i didn't want to have to worry about the glue breaking and soaking my hull foam. if you need to refoam or put in footholds, that would be good to do all this at the same time.

you need some 2 inch diameter pvc pipe, the sump pump valve and some epoxy resin and some microfiber filler like west systems 404.

cut the end of the pvc to look like a hole saw bit. cut a hole for the pvc to fit thru in the rear of the left bottom of the hull, and cut another hole big enough for the valve to fit thru on your bulk head, push you pvc thru twisting it to use it as a saw. you'l need to dig out some foam to fit the valve in the hole with just enough pvc on the front side to be able to epoxy it in...like 2 or 3 incheswill be enought to clamp it in the valve and give you enough to epoxy it in. the pice that you cut out of the inside to fit the valve through you will need to keep, drill a hole for the pvc to fit through and epoxy that piece in.. reinforce it with some cloth. before you epoxy anything make sure the valve is in the right direction and that the right side is pointing up, and both ends of the rubber eds are clamped down. cut off the excess pvc and epoxy it in, when finishedsand down flush and paint

if you refoam or do footholds or cut into you tray for anyreason that is a much better way then you'll just need to cut a hole for the pvc on the inside and not fo rthe hole valve. the reason for putting the home depot valve soo far up in the hull is so that in tail 1st landings you don't blow the valve.

this link is my build thread, somewhere in this thread is my scupper install
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=59815
    also some models the intake grate mount or pump mount is in the way of where it would idealy go, but just go up a little bit if that happends
    91 superjet freestyle
    84 550 westcoast head 20cc domes, coffmans exhaust, footholds & hood mod (wife's)
    86 300 just because it's entertaining...
    & a thunderchicken....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_E
    You go to Home Depot and buy it.
    Seriously, look in their sump pump section...I believe it's called a sump pump check valve or something like that.
    Get PVC pipe to go with it, and install.
    And do a board search. This topic is like a mushy stinky dead horse after the beatings it's been getting.
    i had nothing better to do...i'm waiting for epoxy to dry
    91 superjet freestyle
    84 550 westcoast head 20cc domes, coffmans exhaust, footholds & hood mod (wife's)
    & a thunderchicken....

I like the big white pvc check valve it seals way tighter then the sump valve. As far as the glue breaking I trust it more than a screw clamp. If you blow on through both from the back side you can definitely tell which is better.
    2 Square noses
    B1 Limited
    2 x2s
    Fx1
    94 600hp Cobra

I Can custom paint your ski PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ketsair
    Use a heat gun....it'll cure in a hurry.

Art_Maybee

Get the valve that Grainger carries... You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by hogggman
    I like the big white pvc check valve it seals way tighter then the sump valve. As far as the glue breaking I trust it more than a screw clamp. If you blow on through both from the back side you can definitely tell which is better.
    before i put mine in, i blew through it and didn't get any blow by, also set it up on end and filled it with water, i got tired of waiting for it to leak down so after 4 hours of it setting i dumped it, maybee i just got a good one???
    91 superjet freestyle
    & a thunderchicken....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_E
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsair
    Use a heat gun....it'll cure in a hurry.
    i'm pretty patient, i had a full day of nothing elso to do yesterday so i did the internal fuel filler mod while i was at it, i'm sure it's dry now though
    91 superjet freestyle
    & a thunderchicken....

I find epoxy work fun. :razz:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information