• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azreark1
    Resident Guru
    • Mar 2005

Get Together

...anyone hit up the water as of late? i was on the lake christmas eve when it was like 86degree's out and have been out a couple of times since then and was wondering if anyone is brave enough and would like to hit up one of the lakes around sometime soon.
    Devon H, aka DJ Devon: TSR Motorsports, Beaumont TX
  • NorthOfDallas
    Frequent Poster
    • Aug 2005

Re: Get Together

Nope, I'm too much of a wuss to consider it! I did just get back from a trail ride on my mountain bike.
    SUR# 168

85 JS550, Wiseco internals, all PJS exhaust incl: stainless pipe & side exit, K&N, custom shaft bearing; Solas 13/19, scoop grate, quick steer and bars, dual bilge pumps, and more...

View my buildup, including homemade footholds:
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...ewpost&t=65732

Comment

• sambo0012
      Frequent Poster
      • May 2003

I went out to Lewisville about 2 weeks ago. Not to bad, but a Wetsuit is definatly required in my opinion. Where do you usually ride?

sam

Comment

• #4 Unapproved

I went out a two weeks ago. Water was not too cold. Was going to go out this weekend (temps in the 80's), but I just got a new car and no one carries the hitch cause it's a new body design ('06 Civic EX). So I've got to wait until next week to get my hitch.

I am trying to convince my buddy to pick up my ski with his car and put it at his house being that the lake is 5 minutes away from his house.

We can launch my ski, then go to his house and drop off the trailer and launch his. It's a lot of work, but well worth it.

Comment

• wetherby
          Resident Guru
          • Jul 2005

I just got back from the river. I WAS wearing a shorty tho. Water temp is 60 or better.
          2 99 Polaris SLX's
          x-h20.com
          greenhulk.net

Comment

• APEX
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Jun 2003

im ridin either tomowrow or sunday for sure!!
            \'05 800 SXR

Comment

• azreark1
              Resident Guru
              • Mar 2005

i ride on texoma but to ride wiht other peeps i could prob get out further away. got to get the tire fixed on my trailer first...went flat today.

Comment

• Prem1x
                PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
                • Apr 2002

I was desperate to ride today, but its pissing rain and ugly as all get out outside.
                Taste-testing premix quality since 2006
                FS: Parting out RN SS Superjet & misc Kawi/Pol

Comment

• Texassuperjetkid425

#9 Unapproved

isnt it cold to ride in the winter? I live on RAY HUBBARD and that water is a bit chilly, i want to know if i should get a wet suit or a drysuit.

Comment

• azreark1
                    Resident Guru
                    • Mar 2005

wetsuit would be fine, thats what i ride in

Comment

• wshowell
                      PWCToday Regular
                      • Jan 2004

I took the superjet out to Lewisville this last Friday when the wind was blowing 45 MPH. The swells were jumpable and I had the lake to myself. Winter riding isn't bad at all provided you have a good fitting wetsuit and spend very little time in the water. The air temp was 72 so it was actually rather pleasant. If anyone fellow stand up riders are interested in going out to Lewisville one of these days PM me and if I am in town I'm usually good to go. I'm 15 minutes from the ramp at Hidden Cove park in The Colony.
                      Shawn

Comment

• NorthOfDallas
                        Frequent Poster
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by wshowell
                        I took the superjet out to Lewisville this last Friday when the wind was blowing 45 MPH. The swells were jumpable and I had the lake to myself. Winter riding isn't bad at all provided you have a good fitting wetsuit and spend very little time in the water. The air temp was 72 so it was actually rather pleasant. If anyone fellow stand up riders are interested in going out to Lewisville one of these days PM me and if I am in town I'm usually good to go. I'm 15 minutes from the ramp at Hidden Cove park in The Colony.
                        Shawn

Shawn, what should I look for in a suit for our climes?
                        SUR# 168

85 JS550, Wiseco internals, all PJS exhaust incl: stainless pipe & side exit, K&N, custom shaft bearing; Solas 13/19, scoop grate, quick steer and bars, dual bilge pumps, and more...

View my buildup, including homemade footholds:
                        http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...ewpost&t=65732

Comment

• wshowell
                          PWCToday Regular
                          • Jan 2004

I bought a Slippery Matrix. Check on Ebay as you can get them for under $100 (retail $199). I have had many wetsuits over the years and most are designed for surfing and are really tight around the chest and arms (not good for jetskiing) as they are designed for surfers. I love the Matrix because it is a short sleezed suit with a pull over neoprene jacket. I wear the whole outfit in the winter, in Spring I just wear the suit without the jacket and then I go to just a suit in the summer. The suit also has built in "flexers" in the knees to allow for better movement. Let me know when you wanna go out.

-Shawn

Website www.slipperywetsuits.com

Comment

• swiftman
                            I dream skis
                            • Sep 2005

I rode today...there was ice on my truck this morning...didnt even want to look at the water temp, the HX is a cold ride lol

Comment

Working...
                            X