Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    qbzonk

Re: Biscayne National Park PWC Ban

I find this laughable at best. I am fairly new to PWC's and have encountered the nuisances you have mentioned regarding PWC's. I have also been stopped by the police on the water for doing exactly what other boaters have done, yet the boaters never get stopped.

This is ridiculously similar to the hatred I received when riding a bike. Cagers (car drivers) would ***** and complain about anything 2 wheels (harley or rice burner). I got harrassed more so on my bike then in my car. Motorists complain about speed, yet no one complaines as loud for the youngsters in the imports speeding or the guy in the mercedes or benz speeding, just the bike. Blatant discrimination.

Motorists complain about loud pipes, yet the loud imports got away with it.

I got harassed by the cops one day for going over 36 on the lake. As we were talking a bass boat flew by (less than 100ft away as well) and the cop did nothing at all. Here was a guy doing exactly as I did, yet he was in a boat and got away with it.

I got yelled at for being close to 100ft off the docks and got pulled over again. At the same time a local resident who lives on the lake was pulling a skier maybe 50 ft off the docks. When I questioned the cop, he ignored it.

I will never go away. Most public lakes in florida have associations. I joined a few. That way when talks come up to ban pwc's I have a voice. Trust me, more people should do this. It annoys the hell out of them when they have pwc people at their meetings.

Fight the power!

MADMAT

I signed the petition and I will mail the printed letter Monday morning.

Last I checked we don't go banning things without investigations as to why. And I doubt that a few irritated old people or fisherman are a good enough reason.

It sounds to me a like a bunch of old wrinkled jerks are the one who made this ban happen. I really can't wait for the last of the old school old people to disappear from politics.

MADMAT

This needs to be posted at X-H20.com as well. 200 registered riders in less than a week!

A few of them are from Florida too!

I , for one, have been able to jet ski in biscayne national parks before the ban was issued. It was the best and most beautiful place to sightsee and enjoy pwc's . I know that the rules are there for the fisherman and most likely,the superintendent of the park is probably an avid fisherman as well. Just like the florida key's, it's about the majority. I don't know anybody that lives in the keys and don't fish! and jet skiers spook their fish whenever they soom bye. So, of course they want to ban jet skiers . I also ride the florida key's often nad whenever I wave hello at the boater's, they sometimes reply with the middle finger! Many of the ramps and hotels there won't even allow for any pwc's on their property. Now that's discrimination!!

I would love to someday be able to ride my pwc back in those beautiful waters, that is why we all have to do our part. I know that we can all share the water (with the fishermans) without bothering each other (thru education) as long as we use common sense and respect towards all. Let's do our part and protect our rights on the water.
    Home of the new "Vision" freestyle hull!
    The Watercraft Factory
    5921 ravenswood rd b-2
    Dania, FL 33312
    954-964-4930

www.watercraftfactory.net updated, check it out!!
    Best prices$$ for Dasa billet motors packages...just give us a call@
    WCF footholds only $95!!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hangtime's Avatar

It took me ten seconds man,come on people sign up now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihop
    I have been involved in the marine industry for 14 years and know more about jet ski's than 95% of the people here and can probably ride better than most too .

Moderator Moderator

Dave,

I hear you... In my job I hear about it everyday. The problem is with Biscayne, they never,ever asked anybody about banning PWC. There was no public input. They just up and did it.

Biscayne is public water. It's owned by everyone. It does not belong to any single group or type of person.

Fishermen, and a great many other boaters better watch out, cause if the Envrio Thugs have their way, all motorized boats will be banned.
    I hear them say it. That's the big goal; to run all the working people off the water. To create areas where only they and those like them can go... and the rest of us, well, we should shut up and pay the taxes to support their exclusive motor free zones.

PWC's are the tip of the iceberg... we're easy to target, but if you think for one second they will stop at PWC and leave the rest of the boating nation alone, you're wrong. Fair warning Dave.

It's a free country. There are plenty of things I'm not excited about, but I would never try and inflict my views on anybody else... It's live and let live.
    That's the way I was raised.

Chris Manthos
    AWA

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home vitaly's Avatar
    Sheepshead Bay, NY http://www.jettyjumpers.com

Signed.

Has anyone ever tried to take the NPS to court under Administrative Procedure Act (APA), Here is some information about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adminis..._Procedure_Act
    The gun industry has taken the BATFE to court for "arbitrary and capricious, an abuse of discretion, or otherwise not in accordance with the law" rulings. The compnay won "for now". I believe, if like these posts here indicate, that the NPS made the ruling without full science based information then there might be a case. Find a lawyer in South FLorida that also owns PWCs and get the case going. In the end, I believe we would prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by AWADawg View Post
    Dave,

I hear you... In my job I hear about it everyday. The problem is with Biscayne, they never,ever asked anybody about banning PWC. There was no public input. They just up and did it.

Biscayne is public water. It's owned by everyone. It does not belong to any single group or type of person.

Fishermen, and a great many other boaters better watch out, cause if the Envrio Thugs have their way, all motorized boats will be banned.
    I hear them say it. That's the big goal; to run all the working people off the water. To create areas where only they and those like them can go... and the rest of us, well, we should shut up and pay the taxes to support their exclusive motor free zones.

PWC's are the tip of the iceberg... we're easy to target, but if you think for one second they will stop at PWC and leave the rest of the boating nation alone, you're wrong. Fair warning Dave.

It's a free country. There are plenty of things I'm not excited about, but I would never try and inflict my views on anybody else... It's live and let live.
    That's the way I was raised.

Chris Manthos
    AWA

I dream skis
    Blog Entries

Today PWCs Tomorrow? You don't think they will stop at PWCs do you? It is the same in all banning .
    Slowly But Surely.

"In Germany, they first came for the gypsies, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a gypsy. Then they came for the Bolsheviks, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Bolshevik. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics. I didn't speak up then because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak up." - Martin Niemoller, A Lutheran Pastor arrested by the Gestapo in 1937

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you Davex1
    You said "Consider this, if a person came into your normally peaceful neighborhood with a car that had loud mufflers on it and he ran wide open up and down your street for hours, spinning donuts, jumping the curb, etc. what do you think your reaction would be??? You would be upset at: loosing your peaceful tranquility, upset at the lack of respect the operator shows for you and others, upset at the increased danger factor, would be very annoyed at the noise and commotion, and you would want something done to eliminate him and the problem. See any resemblence here????"
    Yes I do, this type of behavior can easily be stopped with a ticket for reckless driving. In my state (SC) The police on the water are called DNR (Department of natural resources) they will ticket a PWC and any other craft for reckless behavior. That is how the issue should be handled, NOT by banning PWC.
    my 2 cents.
    Cliff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information