Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Places to ride - reviews and directions

The Main Channel in downtown Stockton!

You can launch from anywhere in Stockton...
    Dos Reis, Lathrop: 30 min ride
    Lad's, Stockton: 15 min
    Herman & Helens: ?? (closer to Lost Isle!)
    Ms. Sydney ---> Roxy_96XP<---

"Buy Now, Cry Later!"-Murs

Icehouse is a great spot if your in for Tahoe like water clean and clear. The area is ran by the Eldorado National Forest Dept located in the Crystal Basin Recreation area owned by SMUD. There are three lake in the same area.

Icehouse lake ; http://icehouseresort.com/

Union Valley Reservoir ;http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/unionvalley.html

Loon Lake ; http://www.loonlakerv.com/
    http://www.fs.fed.us/outdoors/nature...in/index.shtml

All the lakes have free launching.

The area is a camping meca with over 700 campsites. I have gone camping with the ATV's but can't wait to try out the water this year. There is a general store to buy those items you forgot or run out of but don't plan on doing your shopping there. Bring a wetsuit.

Here is another link for camping ;

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/rec...mp/icewrights/
    Last edited by chatty; 05-14-2008 at 04:30 AM.

PWCToday Regular

Lake Mendocino is not bad. I will be there next week weekend. The lake is a decent size and there are two boat launches that don't get that busy. The patrol is not to bad and there are no posted speed limits. There is some beach area, no sand though. The water temp should be good this time of the year. The smoothest water is in the back North end of the lake over by the huge concrete structure along the earth dam. The lake does get choppy when it's windy. The launch price is a great deal somewhere around $3. There's a chevron station within a mile or two of the lake. Fill up before you get near the lake for the best savings.

Steve
    2006 / STX-12F 100 hours. 56MPH w/GPS
    1991/ TS-650 lots of hours (sold)
    AWA Member

PWCToday Regular

East Park Reservoir

East Park Reservoir is located off the main Maxwell road exactly 22 miles east of Maxwell, Ca.( about 45 min drive, from hwy 5, about an hour from sac or Fairfield) the reservoir is federally operated,you can actually call a ranger, see web site, it's huge and camping and launching costs are noddda. the positives: lot of jetters who are considerate, free, free, free, nice scenery, deer, elk, otters, osprey, a one tiny store near entry (Lodoga). Can camp right on the water edge. very gradual drop off good for little kids swimming.Beach is mostly tiny gravel, water shoes not prone to gravel pick up recommended. no atv's, no guns. Stop and eat/fuel in Williams (10 mi. so. of Maxwell; Granzellas a great place with good trailer/rv parking)
    The negatives: primative park pit toilets/concrete tables, minimum shade near lake which drops dramatically over summer and can be 100+ yards from facilities. No drinking water avail.!! no atv's. emerg. gas avail in Ladoga at about + $1.00 over normal. can be hot and/or very windy. (dumpsters were full of broken canopies in early Aug.). Verizon cell service(NO WAY) Cingular (great), others (?) There are good launching areas that are steeper if you search them out, we watched several matcho 4 WD'rs launch in very shallow water and towed 3 of 4 out.

There are even better campsites on the west side out of Stonyford, but it's 45 min further drive. Check out either Google or Yahoo maps for Stonyford,CA and use the site's sattelite capabilities to take a look/see. G'Luck

East Park out of Maxwell from I-5 is a great place to ride / camp BUT the road going in is BRUTAL! Paved road to the entrance is miles of dips & bumps (think HW 4 but narrow) I lost a fender off my Shorelander double somewhere around there.
    Last edited by chatty; 05-14-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: consolidating

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Places to ride - (209) Area

HI all, im in a small town called Waterford. Located 30 min East from Hwy 99 (MODESTO)
    15 minutes South from Oakdale, 30 min. to Woodword Res. Nice lake, Pretty big, Good camp sites. Water level was at 110%. But Very Coppy water.

5 min. To Modesto Res. off Hwy 132. AVOID IF Comming from Bay Area. If you came this far keep goin The water level is way to low this year. go to Pedro Or Oakdale. It is ok for skis but I wouldnt put a boat in the water for nuthing.

30 min. To Don Pedro VERY BIG LAKE Lots of coves to find calm water. Middle is Very Choppy on weekends. Great for camping

15 min To Turlock Lake, Great For Day Use Only No camping in the lake. Camp grounds are 100 yards from entrance. Up side thier is a river for fishing at campgrounds.

Othier Lakes in area are,
    New Melones
    Tullock Lake
    Skis i have now,

1990 Kawasaki 550 sx (My First Ski)

1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Lake Oroville is probabily my most favorite lake to go ride on. It is not really an overly busy lake for most of the year a couple days a year it gets busy but it is not a problem because it is pretty spread out. The water is pretty smooth for most of the day because of the hills around it. I like the delta the best but as far as lake riding goes this is a must ride. It is about an hour and a half from sacramento but well worth the drive also there was a gas station along the way that sold racing fuel it was very costly but my self and the 4 friends i was with fueled up with it and got a couple of extra gallons for the road if you have never used it try it one time and you will bee hooked hmmmmmm can you say freaking better performance and hole shot and top end!!!!!

Here is a link for the lake if ya get a chance go ride it...

http://www.orovilleareachamber.com/l...lle/index.html

PWCToday Newbie

Nothing beats Shasta or Tahoe in Northern California. Obviously Tahoe is higher in elevation and you will loose a lot of rpm, but Shasta is by far the best place I have ever rode in California.

Once you get to Shasta and Launch your Ski head to the 'Pit Arm' part of the lake and go to the end. Its very scenic and fun if your on a fast ski. I took my rxp w/stage I full throttle to the end one morning. Watch out though, some trees are sticking out of the water, which kinda gave me a weird feeling in case I fell off the ski. Just go around the trees and you'll be fine. This would be a perfect ride solo or for two skis.

As for Tahoe, where I keep my RXP in the water the majority of the summer, if your in the South Shore, go on an early morning ride (7-930am) along camp Richardson North all the way to Meeks Bay. Stay along the shoreline 50ft or less and you'll be sure to have a relaxing, yet fun ride. I have rode across the entire lake before and back on one tank- Craziest thing I have ever done.

See you out there

I dream skis Salt Springs/Tony Nunes #194's Avatar
    Salt Springs Valley Reservoir-Copperopolis,CA

Salt Springs is Open for the Season.
    The closed course and regulation salaom will placed on the lake Feb 2.
    Everyone is welcome to come and practice.
    Website www.caltel.com/saltsprings
    Debi Nunes
    Owner

hey Im in livermore and I go to lazy m marina off the byran highway and also to the rivers end.. lazy m is only 7 bucks a ski to launch and the rivers end no one has ever payed a fee. you just take vasco and make a right at north front and take that road all the way to I think its grant line and then make a left. go a few ways till u see a bike bar on ur left and make that left. go streight when U hit rail cars either make a left for lazy m marina or make a right and once u hit a boat on ur left side make the left and its the rivers end marina. been going their every week. if ur down to ride with me and some friends let me now we are going to organize rides every week.
    Last edited by beans; 03-22-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Hogan When Its Cold Never Gets That Crowded On Weekdays And Lots Of Coves To Explore And The Delta The Rest Of The Year Only Bad Thing About The Delta Is That It Sucks If You Break Down And Your Far Away From Dock, Lot Of Big Boats And Yachts That Throw Huge Wakes If You Go Into Some Of The Big Channles Always Fun
    take a stand

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information