Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Places to Jet Ski in NoCal?

Quote Originally Posted by poloblue67
    I actually live in Berkeley. I just used Oakland as a better point of interest since it's right next door to Berkeley. Anyway, Jack London Square has a free launch spot? It's not a problem to launch there and ride in the Bay?

Thanks everyone! I hope we can meet up and ride together.

-Kevin
    Hey Kevin,

I am glad to learn there is jetski life in "Berserkley"! I grew up in Albany, been living in Florida for many years now, but may have to move back, to look after my ailing mother.
    If I do, I will definitely bring my skis with me, so I am glad to learn of so many people into the sport in the area.
    99 SXI Pro

Florida.....a sunny place for shady people!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisa
    Sorry, but I'm giggling at the Orwood comments here...many of the locals think that since they actually put a little $$$ into remodeling their launch ramp and widening it from a two lane mud pit to 8 lanes of actual pavement with a couple of docks, it makes themhigh and mighty....I've seen some really rude behaviour there.

But, in their defence, I've also seen some real morons - on boats, skis, you name it - if it floats, they're about as smart as a mud fence.
    The biggest problem I saw them jumping on was ANY bit of launching delay as it's always so busy there.

SO warning: If you launch at Orwood, you'd better have your act together. they didn't position those bleachers next to the launch ramp so they could cheer for you...it's so they can gahter and make fun of those who suffer from "Launching Impediments"
    Lisa:

You're not wrong - it was related to the launch. More specifically, the load up. There's no place at that launch for someone to come in, park their ski, and then go get the trailer. So DH jumped off, went to get the trailer, I motored in, then went to get his ski.

They told us he had to get off the ramp, circle back around to the launch line, and then back down the ramp again to load the second ski, rather than letting me get it (and we normally are *very* quick and considerate on the ramp). It would have meant he was in his lane for an additional 2 minutes tops, rather than spending another 20 minutes circling back around - and they screamed at him, screamed at me, and were just generally over the top.

We've launched all over CA, along the CO river in Laughlin, Mobab, Havasu, and at Lake Powell, and NEVER been treated like that anywhere else.

Like I said - we won't be back.

Sandi
    2007 Honda F-12 (blue!) & 2004 Kawi STX 15F
    NorCal Jetski Crew
    AWA member since 2003

I dream skis

the lady at the booth at orwood is crazy during the summer or the weekends been in many verbal fights with her and i'm one of the fastest people launching stuff, boats and jet skis, during the summer i go to holland most of the time, but orwood is still my first place

Before moving up here in Elk Grove in 92 we would lanch across from Jack London Square and head out to pier 39 to jump the ferry boats going in & out. Stick a bottle of oil behind the battery of the old 85 550 & refuel at Cristy Fields & head out under the golden gate or to tiburon. The good old westcoast 5 1/2 gallon tank.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home ph2ocraft's Avatar

Hey Bakatare welcome to the boards!!

We used to ride through Elk Grove all of the time, I think that's where we would see an otter all of the time. Never figured out how he could make it that far.

back in the day, i rode at the oakland estuwary ???
    it's right next to the oakand international airport, west on hegginberger and right on doolitte.

we had many gr8 practice day's on the old 550's there. not sure about setting up bouys now, but there is a beach ( if you like do-do water ).

crisy field was killer, but if think the sf presidio has shut that beach off to personal watercraft.

if you want bouys, there is a east of stockton, salt spring valley res in copperroplis.
    they setup a good sized 14 bouys closed course and a ijsba slalom course march to oct.
    every year, i come down for a jetski reunion, and have a gr8 time with older friends, and my family.

yes, i do have friends !!!

good luck and keep getting it wet.

gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    back in the day, i rode at the oakland estuwary ???
    it's right next to the oakand international airport, west on hegginberger and right on doolitte.

we had many gr8 practice day's on the old 550's there. not sure about setting up bouys now, but there is a beach ( if you like do-do water ).gorilla
    You can still set up bouys in the Estuary. The last time I was out there the yacht club set up a bouy course for 6 foot sailboat practice. I can't imagine they won't allow ours.
    CW #922
    '05 800 SX-R, '15 Sea-Doo Spark
    Team Tillman Member: http://www.active.com/donate/teamtillman/walker922
    2011 Mark Hahn 300 Stand-up Ironman
    "The man, the legend, a way of life"

setup the bouys down at the south end of the harbor, thats is way far away from the boat ramp.

what can they do, just tell you to pull them out ???

i allways say it was my first time if i get busted.

good luck

gorilla

PWCToday Regular

Is there anywhere right near Sacramento where I can take my jet ski out right now? I'm looking for a free launch place that I can go out this weekend to. I dont' want drive down the delta near Pittsburg, I wanna stay more local to Sacramento while I'm visiting my sister.

Thanks

-Kevin

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home LisaLisa's Avatar

Hi Kev,

The first place that comes to mind for your Sacramento request this weekend is Miller Park. The launch is free, it's centrally located, fairly easy to find, and this time of year, should be fine traffic-wise. I'm just not sure how you feel about debris in the water. The river levels have been fluctuating wildly of late due to seasonal rains, so there's a lot of misc. parts and pieces floating around - but I suppose you'd find that anywhere.

To get there, exit the "Capitol City Freeway" aka the "W-X" freeway - aka: Hwy 50/80/99 in downtown Sacramento.

Go two blocks south of the freeway on any of the connector streets (like 9th St or so) to Broadway.

Turn right onto Broadway and go all the way down the the freeway overpass...about 4 blocks before Broadway ends.

Turn left on to Front Street, go over the rail road tracks and to the stop sign.

You'll see the boat club's parking lot right in front of you and should see signs fort he boat ramp directing you left.

Turn left again onto Ramp Way - go all the way to the end of the street. The ramp is on your right, there's a public restroom at the top of the hill, and parking for your tow vehicle and trailer too.

Please note: normally, law enforcement will require you to move 200 ft. south of the ramp to set up lawn chairs, fuel cans etc. In the winter, it's probably not that big of a deal. ALSO - there's a lot of homeless folks in the area, and quite frankly, the parking lot is rather infamous as a place to obtain a BJ - usually FROM a guy, so if you're approached while changing into or out of your wetsuit, please beware.

Unless you're into that one-stop-shopping sort of thing

Have fun,

Lisa

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information