Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Places to Jet Ski in NoCal?

Hey everyone,
    I'm pretty new to this forum and the whole Jet Ski scene but I wanted to get some information on where a Kawasaki 650sx and Kawasaki 750sx can be used. Are there specific lakes and/or waterways that prohibit Jet Skis? I am located in Berkeley, CA. Please give me close places where I can rock the jet skis!

Thanks everyone

-Kevin
    Last edited by poloblue67; 01-17-2006 at 03:03 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home chatty's Avatar

Re: Places to Jet Ski in NoCal?

there's the delta right on your doorstep, drop in at pitsburg, that's where the water turns fresh head east..
    as for lakes assume you're prohibited from all of them unless you find out otherwise. there's a book (recreational lakes of california I think) that tells you which ones PWCs are allowed on.
    Also if you hit the bay you need to stay WAY offshore.
    if you want to hit the ocean then it's a few hundred miles north or south.

seriously though the delta is right by you and it's one of the best places on the planet!
    2010 MH 300 Endurance Champion VX 110 Class (Ironman) - SUR #119 - AWA because you know you should!
    DJSA Rocks!

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chatty
    there's the delta right on your doorstep, drop in at pitsburg, that's where the water turns fresh head east..
    as for lakes assume you're prohibited from all of them unless you find out otherwise. there's a book (recreational lakes of california I think) that tells you which ones PWCs are allowed on.
    Also if you hit the bay you need to stay WAY offshore.
    if you want to hit the ocean then it's a few hundred miles north or south.

seriously though the delta is right by you and it's one of the best places on the planet!

I thought PWCs were allowed at a good amount of lakes in California? i.e. Folsom Lakes, Bass Lake, Lake Berryessa, etc?

Also, where else can I launch my pwc in the delta? Pittsburg and where else nearby? I'm in Oakland, Ca.

Thanks for the great help!

-Kevin

I dream skis

lakes are boring delta is where it's at miles of water ways, always changing sceenery, big boats=big wakes

we need to come up with a sticky for this.
    Lots of lakes are accessible; generally if there's powerboats on them then PWCs are allowed (not the rule though)
    beryessa, san antonio calero, coyote are some of the bay area ones you can play on.
    There are plenty of launches near oakland.
    I'm sure someone will come up with a list, but pitsburg is free and very near some of the delta sloughs and sherman island etc.
    2010 MH 300 Endurance Champion VX 110 Class (Ironman) - SUR #119 - AWA because you know you should!
    DJSA Rocks!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home LisaLisa's Avatar

A few years back SBT had a writing contest on the places people have ridden...I got lucky and won the contest...here's a link to the listings which will provide a basis for places to ride in Northern California - and a few other places- hope ithelps:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/sea...earchid=276483

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

If you are in Oakland, there is a free launch just south of Jack London Square. From there you can ride the estuary. If you are thinking the delta, your best bet is Pittsburg (The Pittsburg marina is off Railroad).
    CW #922
    '05 800 SX-R, '15 Sea-Doo Spark
    Team Tillman Member: http://www.active.com/donate/teamtillman/walker922
    2011 Mark Hahn 300 Stand-up Ironman
    "The man, the legend, a way of life"

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home anthony_'s Avatar

Poloblue67,

First of all WELCOME!!! i hope you join our newly formed riding group/club/crew here in Northern California. hang out on this site and in this forum and you'll get details on our riding days.

Secondly, the best thing you can do to really get really knowledgable about all the waterways (lakes, rivers, etc) California is to go out and buy "California Recreational Lakes & Rivers" by Tom Stienstra (San Francisco Chronicle) It is an outstanding book and a must for any Californian that is into any type of watersports, boating and/or fishing and wants explore different waterways. There is really good info on every single waterway in the state. It gives a rating (1-10) for each waterway, tells you what type of recreation is permitted and/or restricted on each waterway, has a map of it's location, compares it to other waterways, great info on camping and has really good summaries of each waterway. I bought mine from $19.95 from Barnes and Noble (in Pleasanton). I know the one in Jack London Square had it. You can call around to see which location has it or just order it on-line. Here is what it looks like:
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...66916569&itm=1

But to answer your question. Some of the favorite riding spots here in NorCal are:
    The Delta (the Delta alone is like 50 different lakes)
    http://www.californiadelta.org/ http://www.californiadelta.org/marin...hoto_index.htm
    -Camanche Res
    -Camp Far West
    -Lake Tulloch
    -Lake Don Pedro
    -New Melones Res
    -Salt Springs
    -Folsom Lake
    -Berryessa
    -Woodward Res
    -O'neill Forebay
    -Lake McClure
    -Modesto Res . . . . and a WHOLE LOT MORE.
    once you get that book and go through it, you will very quickly realize that there are TONS and TONS and TONS and TONS etc, etc of lakes that you can ride on . . . but my personal favorite (of couse) is the Delta. I'll probably post something with Delta info.

My evolution: seadoo sitdowns > yamaha sitdowns > blaster > kawi 650 > kawi 550 > squarenose . . . next roundnose
    norcalstandupcrew
    www.theskiclinic.com the california delta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDv6zbKmyp8
    ^^^me jumping yacht wake in the california delta

OK so lets do a sticky.
    I'll start a thread with the ones I use, and perhaps we can add them based on location (delta, south bay, north bay, sacto etc etc).
    DJSA Rocks!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home anthony_'s Avatar

obviously I'm bias because I live in Discovery Bay, but I think you should come ride out here. Launch at Orwood. Here's the directions:

-Not sure where in Oakland you live, but get to the 580 East and take it towards Pleasanton/Dublin/Tracy/Modesto/L.A.

-Exit 580 at Vasco Road

-Go North (Brentwood) on Vasco. (that road will last for about 8-10 miles)

-Turn right on Camino Diablo (after going through the rolling hills, it will be your first traffic light).

-Turn left onto Byron Highway.

-Turn right onto Highway 4 (towards Stockton)

-Turn left at Bixler (there will be a safeway gas station on the corner)

-Take Bixler all the way down until it turns to the left and turn right at the turn onto Orwood.

Go down about 1-2 miles and you're at Orwood Resort. If it's in the summer, you'll see a lot of "look at me people" with luxury SUVs with big rims, fake boobs, tattoos, wakeboarding boats, skis and a diner with pretty good food (especailly when you're starving after a long day of riding). if you go in the non-summer months, it's a ghosttown.

My evolution: seadoo sitdowns > yamaha sitdowns > blaster > kawi 650 > kawi 550 > squarenose . . . next roundnose
    norcalstandupcrew
    www.theskiclinic.com the california delta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDv6zbKmyp8
    ^^^me jumping yacht wake in the california delta

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information