Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Awa Alerts!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Awa Alerts!

AWA Alert: Oppose Boating Speed Limits in New Hampshire!
    ATTN: New Hampshire Riders

You may know of legislation in New Hampshire which would have implemented a 45 mph speed limit on Lake Winnipesauke. Last week, anti-boating forces convinced a committee in the state legislature to amend House Bill 162 (HB162) to apply to all of the Granite State’s public waterways, including offshore waters.

You already know speed is not a common factor in boating accidents, rather operator error is. In fact, boating accidents have declined by two-thirds in the last 4 years alone in New Hampshire.

What’s at stake? Racing, and the Freedom to Ride in the manner you choose given the water conditions. You already know right from wrong and such one size fits all proposals will do nothing to further boating safety.

We don’t need law enforcement pulled off other important and proven safety enforcement, such as BUI, and reckless operation.

We don’t need speed traps set up all over New Hampshire’s public waters.

Take Action Now: The vote in the state house is scheduled for next Wednesday, January 18th. Go to www.AWAHQ.org and click on to “Grassroots Activism.” Then “Oppose New Hampshire Speed Limits.” Fill out the required fields and the pre-written comments will be sent to your state Senator and House member.

Some New Hampshire Elected Officials lack e-mail. If so, make sure you call them.

Next, tell every rider/boater/family member/buddy you know in New Hampshire to do the same. If we stop HB162, we send a clear message to the anti-boating groups to back off.

Stand with the AWA in our defense of riding the way you choose.

Keep an eye out on the AWA website for updates on this, and other Freedom to Ride issues.

Chris Manthos
    Executive Director
    American Watercraft Association
    Skipper: Kowalski, analysis.
    Kowalski: I'm picking up good vibrations.

**The information obtained in my hurricane thread is courtesy of NOAA, National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.**
    Liquid Militia*****K38 Water Safety*****

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Awa Alerts!

Here is a link direct to the AWA Grassroots Activism about the New Hampshire speed limit. All you have to do is fill out a couple areas and send it on to the representatives, there is already a pre-written message there!

Lets get on this one!

N.H. Speed Limit Opposition Letter

Captn---
    Skipper: Kowalski, analysis.
    Kowalski: I'm picking up good vibrations.

**The information obtained in my hurricane thread is courtesy of NOAA, National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.**
    Liquid Militia*****K38 Water Safety*****

Moderator Moderator

Come on New Hampshire people... This is a classic in your face move.. Get involved!

The speed limit crowd says that "everyone" supports boating limits... I don't think they're really saying it right.. Step up.

Chris Manthos

Since this is in the state level house, I'm assuming non-NH residents don't matter? Or should we participate as well?

Sandi
    2007 Honda F-12 (blue!) & 2004 Kawi STX 15F
    NorCal Jetski Crew
    AWA member since 2003

Moderator Moderator

Sandy,

That's correct. If you know somebody in NH, they need to get involved real quick.

Chris Manthos

Quote Originally Posted by AWADawg View Post
    Come on New Hampshire people... This is a classic in your face move.. Get involved!

The speed limit crowd says that "everyone" supports boating limits... I don't think they're really saying it right.. Step up.

Chris Manthos
    I agree that The speed limit crowd says that "everyone" supports boating limits...

Thread Information