Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Blaster Mod Pipe in Square nose

Quote Originally Posted by keefer
    Thanks Neil, the reason I asked is because when we were in Daytona in Nov. Paul from Magoos was going through lord mounts like crazy on his TNT chamber. I guess I might try making a special bracket for the top mount that will fit a lord mount and run a bottom lord mount also. Are you gonna make it to the MotoSurf???
    I broke 2 that weekend, the first was the same mount that lasted all season. The second was a very worn used one,that was floating around in the bottom of my tool box.Those single front are super reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to run a single on a TnT. Now the B1 mod is a differant story. because of the added length of the chamber. I would suggest using the mounts as provided by FPP

ski ya, Paul
    Lehr Performance Watercraft
    2217 Roswell Rd, Suite 104
    Marietta, Georgia 30062
    404-405-0208
    SUR # 1
    Paul@lehrperformance.com
    www.lehrperformance.com
    www.X-h2o.com
    www.biteful.com

Thanks for the info Paul, I thought you went through more than that. One of the other guys there had mentioned that you had broken some. Maybe the story got taller as it got down the line. I am missing the bracket for the top mount. From looking at the picture that MattE posted it looks like it is a simple 90' that bolts to one of the unused holes on the boss above the front exhaust. I can get one made up here locally or get one from FPP. To get the bottom mount to fit I am either going to have to really dent the pipe across the weld or try to relieve the fuel tank by heating it. I am not too sure about getting into the tank at this point. I don't want to ruin a $100 fuel tank.:neutral:
    If you can't fix it finish breaking it !!

When I install one, I just "Massage" the chamber with a wooden mallett. If you take your time, it's not bad. Make sure you have at least a 1/2" clearance on the tank.
    I have a bracket here, I can get a pic of it for you. But a FPP bracket is only a couple of $$$. I would just get it from them

ski ya, Paul
    Marietta, Georgia 30062
    404-405-0208
    SUR # 1
    Paul@lehrperformance.com
    www.lehrperformance.com
    www.X-h2o.com
    www.biteful.com

Quote Originally Posted by JrMagoos
    When I install one, I just "Massage" the chamber with a wooden mallett. If you take your time, it's not bad. Make sure you have at least a 1/2" clearance on the tank.
    I have a bracket here, I can get a pic of it for you. But a FPP bracket is only a couple of $$$. I would just get it from them

ski ya, Paul

I have had to massage it pretty good already and will have to dent it alot more across the weld. Hopefully I can get it relieved enough without having to fix any welds. Maybe I can get this project done and get a warm enough day to test ride. It has been in the 40s all month. Otherwise I will have to test / tune in Daytona in Jan.

Oh yeah almost forgot to ask, have you ever had to replace the adjusters on the FPP headpipe?? All are frozen and one is broken off flush. I guess I will have to order replacements from FPP and try to drill the old ones out. I am concerned about getting this done and suspect I will have to use Time-Serts but not sure if I can get them in that thread pitch. Also I am concerned about getting them back in straight. Have you ever replaced these?? Thanks for all of your advice..
    Last edited by keefer; 12-14-2005 at 08:44 PM.

I have all the Adjusting screws & time certs in stock. I'm in salt water & this is a normal occurance. the Timecerts you need are 10-32. you might be able to find them locally. better industrial supplies have them.
    Marietta, Georgia 30062
    404-405-0208
    SUR # 1
    Paul@lehrperformance.com
    www.lehrperformance.com
    www.X-h2o.com
    www.biteful.com

Quote Originally Posted by JrMagoos
    I have all the Adjusting screws & time certs in stock. I'm in salt water & this is a normal occurance. the Timecerts you need are 10-32. you might be able to find them locally. better industrial supplies have them.
    Thanks, I will probably give you a call about the adjusters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information