Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: hull

Quote Originally Posted by FRAME3
    I know you freestyle guys don't care, but how about some Runabout Carbon Fiber Race Hulls. I know Bullett, Wamilton's and R-Pot use to make some, but is anyone still making new couch hulls??

T
    I believe the newest hull for which there's an aftermarket mold is the GPR, and that mold only exists because an extreme weekend warrior (non-racer) with more money than sense paid for all the tooling to get a ONE-OFF carbon fiber GPR 1500 (yes that's right, 1500) built.
    Mike Pipes

The lightweight is not 12,000$, I don't know the exact price but around 9,000$ is closer. It is by far the best SJ hull you can get, dual scuppers, lip around where the hood sits on the top deck, ribs near the nose, carbon, carbon/kevlar construction.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mile9c1's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're paying in US dollars the hood, nosepiece, and hull with Sickerling footholds is over $12,000 (not including shipping). We're getting screwed on the dollar/Euro conversion

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeastand SJ
    The lightweight is not 12,000$, I don't know the exact price but around 9,000$ is closer. It is by far the best SJ hull you can get, dual scuppers, lip around where the hood sits on the top deck, ribs near the nose, carbon, carbon/kevlar construction.

So since it has dual scuppers and a lip by the hood, its the best?

I guess its everyones individual tastes that makes something the best.
    Yadda Yadda

Blog Entries
    Didn't you read what Rob said about arguing? :P I think he was saying the combination of features and strength and weight and craftsmanship are the best... no disrespect to your hull.

What is meant by "lip around where the hood sits" ? How does it differ from an OEM hood lip?

Just my Oppinion.

The light weight hull available through Blowsion is the best hull that money can buy. Norbert at light weight has the most experience working with these kinds of composites. He has spent years making parts for the automotive industry. Check their website

http://Lightweight.de

I think it is really great that these guys are producing parts for the jetski industry.

I would not an am not considering buying one. But after seeing the hulls, and talking with Marc an Norbert about them. I don't think there is a better hull out there. But For sure there are other ways to get more bang for your $$...Steve at WF looks to be a great example of that.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home yamaslut's Avatar
    $12,500.00 w/ footholds and hood.... that was straight from Norbert and Marc

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home yamaslut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mile9c1
    Didn't you read what Rob said about arguing? :P I think he was saying the combination of features and strength and weight and craftsmanship are the best... no disrespect to your hull.

What is meant by "lip around where the hood sits" ? How does it differ from an OEM hood lip?
    Totally, it has a flange protruding up from the inside lip on the top deck where the hood mates w/ the deck... it keep the hood from shifting from side to side on messy side landings... did that make sense????

Also... it has 10mm of sandwiched carbon on the sides... the sides are also widened (not the bond line) to accomodate the 10mil of carbon and Factory B pipe...

It is by far the best hull I have ever seen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaslut
    did that make sense????
    Makes sense, I didn't notice that lip in the pictures, but I see it now.

10mm is a lot of carbon

Quote Originally Posted by unclehulka13

So since it has dual scuppers and a lip by the hood, its the best?

I guess its everyones individual tastes that makes something the best.
    Sorry I left out that the hull fits the b pipe without mods, has 10mm of carbon, side is rounded to also help side landings. Anyone who has seen/touched the hull and talked to Norbert knows.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information