X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stand-Up-Pride
    I dream skis
    • Oct 2002

I think this is a battle of the limited class not that of the superstock or open class. The parts that make today's market are being used in the limited class this is where the battles should be fought.

I have never heard of Audrey or maybe this long drive is making me senseless either way that seems like some good hype.
    Aaron Boatman
    https://www.facebook.com/boatmana

Comment

• Looter
      Sassy Boy!
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Aug 2002

Riff is my pick for Champ for sure. I think he is a contender for stock as well. Nobody has improved their riding like Riff!
      Dave "Looter" Hardenburger
      Firefightermedic.com - Finally, an easy answer!

Comment

• Mod Killer
        AKA: WadKiller
        • Mar 2003

Re: TBM Knock Off

As for your WF challange, Eric has never competed, nor even ridden a Superstock ski
        nor have I. I will be learning to ride one in the next 2 months. both eric and i are in our second year of racing. he was a top jr last year and i was a top novice. sounds fair to me.

How about you watch the Pro Womans ski class with our rider Audrey Dujardin challange Niki Goudreau and others for the World Title? That is alittle more of an even playing field don't you think?

Why dont we do this..... a TEAM CHALLENGE!

We will combine our scores like in BMX. You pick 3 riders and we will pick 3.

Team R&D
        Amateur Open - Myself
        Pro Womens - Niky
        Pro Mens - Flow

VS.

Team TBM
        Amateur Open - Eric
        Pro Womens - Audrey
        Pro Mens - Yourself

Losing team/aftermarket co. packs their ****e up and never trashes the other on the net ever again. After this, the loser will no longer be able to get free advertising by spamming on this site, they will have to pay like anyone else.

A race to settle all differences. YOU CAN SET THE STAKES, what are we gonna bet? wanna bet scoop grates? loser quits producing grates with wings? how about pump cones? or how about loser just plain shuts up. you name it, were ready.

You game?
        Mod Killer aka: RiffyPoo, R2D2, mini B, Gus, Col. Klink, Less-mar, IF, Riffenkroger, Real (SXi) Pro, a immature snot nosed punk, & on some rare occasions...riff

Comment

• DustinWiemann
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Jun 2003

this sounds like a good show

Comment

• Mod Killer
            • Mar 2003

Re: TBM Knock Off

Originally posted by tbmracing
            Your claim on my ride plate is laughable........... If you think I have a key to the Kawasaki R&D facility that's ridiculous.
            i was merely pointing out that nothing any of you aftermarket co's have done lately is innovative or original.

i never said you stole anything. but since you brought it up, heres my theory.......

I think the entire spat you and Hagest staged on this site last year was a publicity stunt.

When i was in his garage i sure saw a lot of TBM product. i thought to myself, damn, for someone whose regularly fighting on the net with tim, he sure buys a lot of TBM stuff.

then when i saw you release a rideplate that Hagest designed over 3 years ago for the SXR i simply put two and two together.

im not saying you stole any idea from Hagest, you didnt have too, he probably gave it to you. Nor did you have a key to Kawi's R&D facility, but at one time Hagest did.

im not knocking anyone. its just a theory that made sense. i got nothing against you. i know you have a genuine respect for Bill Chapin and vice versa. you make quality products and R&D is a legend in this industry that were lucky to still have around and im personally grateful too for everything theyve done for our team and other riders.

its a shame that youre company is more known for your legal battles cause every product you make is of high quality and craftsmanship.

what i will knock though is all the BS. youre way above all this, i can honestly say that because ive met you and gone to dinner with your family. i cant see a logical reason for someone of your stature to stoop as low as threads such as these. ive seen R&Ds new pump cone, and its no replica of yours. maybe it is you who is jumping to conclusions.

OR maybe the reason for all the publicity stunts is the free advertising. which isnt fair to the site owners or the other jetski companys who pay. if my theory is correct, what youre doing is spamming.

lets have our TEAM RACE CHALLENGE and end all this crap. these aftermarket wars should be settled on the racetrack not in the courtrooms.

winner can take out a big ad here on pwctoday saying "TEAM ______ KICKED TEAM _______ A55 AT THE '05 FINALS! WHOSE PRODUCT YOU GONNA RUN?"
            Mod Killer aka: RiffyPoo, R2D2, mini B, Gus, Col. Klink, Less-mar, IF, Riffenkroger, Real (SXi) Pro, a immature snot nosed punk, & on some rare occasions...riff

Comment

• BigKahuna
              • Nov 2001

If TBM patented the pump cone, then he needs to fight it, just like Blowsion does with the Tubbies.......

If you come up with something and you dont want it copied, you get a patent.
              That is just simple business.........

Comment

• tbmracing
                PWCToday Regular
                • May 2004

TBM Knock Off

Riff,

I don't think it is humanly possible for you to shut your mouth. Get your fact straight, I don't have any contact with Chris Hagest, nor do I even have his phone number. Hagest is a great rider and we have had epic battles on tour in the past, so I respect him for what he has done, but there is nothing beyond that.

Get back to the point of this topic, the pump cone. Bill had 2-3 red labeled from Hot Products to his house in Havasu, tested them in Nikkis ski, brought them to a local machine shop and began reverse engineering it. The two insert pieces will interchange with mine, so to say it's not a direct knock off is a joke. The way the cone bolts up was not done on mine, as everything had to bolt to the tail cone to be submitted for '04 rules.

TBM has never been in a legal battle over anything other than responding to a letter sent to us from your boy Chapin, so again get your facts straight. As for my mention of the legal issue of the pump cone. I have a patent pending thus anything that infringes on this during this time period is rightfully ours once the patent is awarded. That is the facts, not a threat.

Tim Bushman

Comment

• Gorilla
                  Banned
                  • May 2002

some people just can't be nice, EVER !!!

TIM YOU COMING UP TO SALT SPRINGS THIS SAT FOR THE REUNION ???

gorilla

Comment

• sldhed
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Jul 2004

20% change gets around a pattent

Comment

• LisaLisa
                      • Nov 2001

Please leave Eric Hewitt (and my cookies) out of this.

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

Comment

• Mod Killer
                        • Mar 2003

Tim,

Chapin never ordered 2-3 of your pump cones. Its more like 10-12. Because half of em have fallen apart.

I never said it wasnt a direct knock off. I said it wasnt identical. Its been improved enough so that if you take him to court you will lose. Thats not a threat, thats a fact. So youre waisting your time with this whole thread or your lawyers.

You made a really good product this year. Probably shouldve been '04 legal. Its your first truely original product to date. But just like sidedraft technology, which Bill didnt invent (its been around since 1912) Bill refined it and is the first to make it work, just as you didnt invent the pump cone design you utilize. youre the first to make the pump cone design work and produce it for the masses. But as Boatmans said, all R&D is doing is improving on your design. Name one compay that doesnt buy their competitors product and test and see what makes it so good?

I think its R&D's new business strategy to simply wait for you to produce something, and then they will make a better version. But I dunno, once again, just a theory.

So I take it youre not up for the TEAM RACE CHALLENGE?

I think it would be fun. You could run all the new products that you are testing that are still in development. And were going to have the sidedraft technology, and next years revelutionary scoop grate system, plus other goodies. We could even get the magazines involved.

It would be fun and positive. Much better marketing campaign than this thread. And you wouldnt have to waist your time/money with lawyers cause as I stated earlier, R&Ds pump cone, which Ive seen cause Im on the test team, is improved enough of a design that you will not win in court.

Comment

• Leg Dragger64
                          I dream skis
                          • Jul 2002

That was quick work because it is allready up on the RD site , looks good too .Hopefully they will be stock class legal next year so we can keep up with hydrospace.
                          SHRED til your DEAD

Comment

• Scott Kalisch
                            • Mar 2004

What does the R+D cost?

Comment

• Cross222
                              PWCToday Guru
                              • Sep 2002

Hey scott,

check out the R&D site. They have the price
                              Originally posted by cmacc
                              .......remember momar dont try to describe the ocean if youve never seen it!!!!!!

Comment

• BigKahuna
                                • Nov 2001

If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and taste like a fish.............. You can figure out the rest...........

Comment

Working...
                                X