Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Sea Isle City places to ride?

Coming up to Sea Isle for a week in August for a family reunion kinda thing. Thinking about drivnig up and bringing my ski's.

Where can I launch/ride in Sea Isle? Can you launch off the beach (I'll bring my beach cart). Any areas reserved for PWC where I won't piss off all the other beach-goers? Good ramps for riding in the bay?
    \"Sit to Ski => Sit to Pee\"

"...bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

You can launch your ski at a ramp just to the right of the main bridge into town. That I am aware of you cannot launch from the beach, atleast not while the life guards are around. The good news, you don't have too. If you head north from sea isle, towards Ocean City there is an inlet "corsons" which has an bay side beach. It is a cool place to hang out and ride. There is a beach bar that you can pull upto along with a restuarant that is on the bay. Most of the time there are atleast some waves to jump. Lately they have been pretty good. You can also goto townsend inlet (inbetween Sea Isle and Avalon). There are usually waves there too, but not as many places to beach or hang out.

I also know of a good natural race track that is fun to ride. It is close to the boat ramp by the bridge but if you don't know where to look you will never find it.

I ride most nights after work and on sunday's. If you want send me an email when you are heading this way and I will show you around.

Make sure you have a whistle out where the police and coast guard can see it. It has been my experience that they don't pull you over when you have one visible.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Cool, thanks.
    I got a PM from Paul at JrMagoo's and he turned me on to Corson's Inlet and where to launch near there. That sounds like my best bet so other folks can hang on the beach and take turns on my 650 while I'm riding my brand spankin' new Lamey!!!! .

I'll be up there between Aug 13 and 20th. Been a long time since I spent some quality time down the shore
    \"Sit to Ski => Sit to Pee\"

"...bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scott Kalisch's Avatar
    That cracks me up how people say Down The Shore, lol

Just busting chops.......

Hey Scott, Jersey people say shore and out of staters usually say beach lol

Corson's inlet charges 5 bucks for the day to use ramp. Low tide watch for sand bars.
    2003 Kawasaki STX12F SOLD

2008 Yamaha FXHO

Show me the Agua Bob

soulman,
    Are you originally from this area? Just kinda funny you said down the shore. It's a Philly thing

PWCToday Regular
    Im not sure they charge money to launch anymore. I was down there on vacation all last week. I went out about 4 or 5 times and nobody asked me for money? Maybe they only collect money first thing in the mornging and then leave?

clumsy
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSki
    Im not sure they charge money to launch anymore. I was down there on vacation all last week. I went out about 4 or 5 times and nobody asked me for money? Maybe they only collect money first thing in the mornging and then leave?
    I went out on Tuesday around 11 am, cost $5. I think the attendant left around 3. One of my friends has been down 2 other times, said he was unaware of the ramp fee also.

I know there definitely is a fee of $5, went up and took a look at the sign. Of course they have a kid sitting there collecting it, so I'm sure you can slip by while they are daydreaming (oh, to be 16 again *sigh*).

Quote Originally Posted by madboy2
    I also know of a good natural race track that is fun to ride. It is close to the boat ramp by the bridge but if you don't know where to look you will never find it.
    I'd like to hear more about this, I know I ride the channel coming from the Sea Isle to Corsen's and its a pretty fun, ride but a natural race track....tell me more .
    Just trying to figure it all out . . .
    2004 GP1300R, Island Racing Level I
    Riva Rideplate, 87mm Nozzle & Pump Seal
    R&D Trim Tabs & Top Loader intake
    Island Racing 11/19 impeller (Solas)

PWCToday Regular
    Soulman,

Just watch the Marine Police on weekends. They like to bust nuts at Corson's. It gets pretty crowded on Sat and they try to keep a lid on it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information