pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Hydro-Turf

Help identify this 787 x4 carb

outside is all black factory mikuni paint.

not sure on bore, either 40 or 42mm tru bored with what looks like a buckshot bomb sight but not sure.

Early buckshot or novi?

Flame arrestor adaptor is bolt to the carbs with a super weird single piece plate with really nicely machine trumpets.

seadoo carb.jpg
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Re: Help identify this 787 x4 carb

That is a BuckShot spray nozzle. BuckShot normally comes in 44mm or 46mm in the modified Mikuni carbs for the 787 engines. Using a Vernier caliper and the carb measured at the bottom of the carb will tell you its bore size.

Do you have more photos to post from different angles?

no i just bought it. didnt have time to do anything except start it with a bottle of premix fuel.

still has the tempo fuel lines, going to pull the tank and redo all lines this coming weekend.

the black factory paint threw me off, all my buckshots have been silver with the purple/neon anodized tops.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx
    "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

I’ve run BuckShot 44mm modified Mikunis since 1998. So I can spot them a mile away!

The air intake “trumpet” that’s pressed in could have been painted.

The only give away from the photo is the trademark fuel spray nozzle.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I’ve run BuckShot 44mm modified Mikunis since 1998. So I can spot them a mile away!

Care to share a good starting point? Im running 44's and a spec 2 pipe

Yes, of course I can share!

My set up is as follows:

FPP Spec II w/water injection, Skat Trak 17/24B prop, Buck Shot head w/43cc domes(180 lbs. compression), BuckShot intake manifold for flange mounted carbs, R&D AquaVein Top Loader intake grate, R&D 85/88 nozzles, no porting anywhere on the engine or the Case and no tail cone/stinger jetting or JetWorks Flow Valve installed.

I run reverse jetting in my 44’s with 125/120 jetting with low speed screws turned out at about 2 turns. Pop off Pressure is set at 24 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

it has no air trumpet. it runs the stock base flame arrestor assembly and an evolution motorsports flame arrestor/ air filter setup that goes all the way into the carb throat, which is the blue aluminum in my picture.

I have never seen a buckshot that wasnt silver/had the neon purple trumpets, thats why I was a little confused on these.

They are jetted 80p/152m plugs looked a little rich, havent ran it on the water yet as i got it last weekend.
    1994 1100 SJ - Dead
    1996 spec hx

Quote Originally Posted by 88kawi5fiddy View Post
    it has no air trumpet. it runs the stock base flame arrestor assembly and an evolution motorsports flame arrestor/ air filter setup that goes all the way into the carb throat, which is the blue aluminum in my picture.

I have never seen a buckshot that wasnt silver/had the neon purple trumpets, thats why I was a little confused on these.

They are jetted 80p/152m plugs looked a little rich, havent ran it on the water yet as i got it last weekend.
    Sorry, I should clean up the wording..

The pressed in purple “trumpet” is mounting point for the flame arrestor to clamp onto. It’s also used for air flow intake. The fuel spray nozzle disrupts the air flow. As it is a solid piece that the incoming air hits when under intake vacuum signal from the pistons’s downstroke.

The black colored Mikuni carb body can be sand blasted off and the silver color of the original Mikuni carb used.

I believe someone had the purple changed to blue at one point.

Do you have other photos of the carb(s)?

Thread Information