Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Fall 2022 Squarenose Super Jet Update Project

Been a while since I ran this Rend plate on any of my SJs, so I figured I'd give it a shot here.

20221120_191846.jpg20221120_191857.jpg

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Fall 2022 Squarenose Super Jet Update Project

Quote Originally Posted by squidlid View Post
    A buddy of mine raced pro ski in the late 90s and built a square to use in the surf races. Had a BB total loss setup with set back mag. All the handling mods and it rode awesome. Somebody’s got to be sitting on that beast somewhere. Anyhow, all these cool builds going on right now has me really itching to build one! Makes me want to ditch my pre-08 round nose build……carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally, when it comes to buoys, I'd much rather ride a properly built SN than the 96-07 RN. If you think about it, the first mod many did to their 96 RN (back when it first came out) was to lower the handlepole pivot (and hood/nosepiece) to mimic the handling/turning of the SN. I recall hearing stories in 96 of sponsored Yami racers getting their RN, hating it very much, then sticking the 96//97 decals on their SN and lining that up to race instead - and I guess Yami wasn't too happy about that and put a stop to it. Yeah, the stock SN handlepole was always hot garbage, but swapping for an aluminum pole has always been an easy option, and then the RN swaps became properly doable with the Hazard bracket = I absolutely love my Sleeperjet and Sleeperjet 2.0 (which I sold in July of this year for record $$, lol), with the Hazard brackets and minus 2 stock RN poles - both of my Sleeperjets look and function absolutely properly, IMHO.

The aluminum MMF pole on the SN in this project thread is something I've owned since 1992. Actually had 92 pole graphics on it for years while running it on my true 92 SN. I peeled off the graphics and left it plain white when I swapped it on to this 91 with 94/95 graphics.
    Last edited by fox river pwc; 11-21-2022 at 10:47 AM.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information