• Nov 2003

Re: 08 SJ mini project thread - Fall 2022

Funny So true. 99% ADA 35cc’s.

Comment

• fox river pwc
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Dec 2005

74 degree air and 44 degree water today, with lots of sunshine, so it was time for a water test. Burned almost 3 gallons through it.
      Steering is now excellent, and aligned perfectly, so that's nice. Didn't even have to screw with it while riding.
      Trim works as it should and held up just fine, pull is firm, but smooth.
      The afterburner stuffer and 10/16 hooker is excellent. Zero cavitation... just digs and pulls - and hits really well - not quite to the same level as a solas mag, but it is really good.
      It definitely liked the larger main jets, and the piston wash is finally starting to materialize as it should. Throttle response and pull are as strong as should be expected from this set up, and the bottom end is nice.

Overall, this is now a very solid ski with strong bottom end, hook up and hit. I'm still not personally a fan of the 08+ SJ hull, but this is still a very capable ski. Oh, and the factory siphon bilge works beautifully, just as should be expected.
      sigpic

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Comment

• fox river pwc
        PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
        • Dec 2005

This project is essentially done.
        Wound up with 82.5 pilots and 140 mains... VF3 reeds move some air
        Stock 62t CDI is back in it, at least for now. Brand new MSD supplied with the ski was dated Sep 2021 and was junk out of the box - no spark except for one spark when letting off the start button. Ski owner then bought another new MSD, also from an Amazon seller, same as the first one, also dated Sep 2021, and the 2nd MSD was junk, same as the first. Makes you wonder - bad batch?? Who knows where these Amazon sellers get their stuff?? Are fake/counterfeit MSDs even a known thing??? The new MSDs are physically different than older versions I have. I've personally only bought my MSD stuff from authorized MSD dealers, like Summit and Jegs, and all my 2005 and older MSDs, are still going strong, 100% of them - I hear the last few years of people running them that isn't the case, people reporting them lasting just 1-2 seasons - so again, makes you wonder? Last ones I bought personally was back in 2005 when Summit had them on sale for $215, and I bought 10 at that time.... last one of those 10 went into my Whaler Rage jet boat about 3 years ago, and then it got relocated into my Hurricane Apex back in spring.
        sigpic

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Comment

Working...
        X