Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 550 JetCo reed cyl

I know it needs some port matching on the exhaust sides because they have been opened up

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bionic racing's Avatar

Jetco was mostly 440 super stock builders , get the bore size , you are gonna be drilling and taping some holes on intake side to fit 750 reed cages , 6 bolt holes per reed cage , on Sacramento location , been doing this since 1987 , they were popular with the 440 ss guys , just like SCR , Scott Clough Racing , std bore is 75 mm on 550 , you can see old gasket outline on intake side for 750 reeds , probably used a side draft intake manifold , specific to that cylinder , it’s probably from 1988-1989 vintage
    Last edited by Bionic racing; 09-21-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Okay thanks for your knowledge! I asked him about bore size, we’ll see what he says. As for reeds, it already has 4 holes, why wouldn’t they just drill 6?

Running a intake plate , for side drafts , specific to that cylinder , for a jetco set up only , kind of like a patent design on their own products , Butches jet ski shop from Texas was around @ the same time , they also did 440 super stocks ,if bore is smaller than 75 mm then itís a 440 , that would be super rare , a reed 440 master cylinder , never seen one
    Last edited by Bionic racing; 09-21-2022 at 09:58 PM.

Very cool pics bionic, thanks for sharing. He still hasn’t got back to me on bore size ��

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Ok I did some photo snooping, I think that is a 550 cylineder, blow the picture up really large and look at the innermost holes for the cylinder studs. 440 and 550 are the same size bolt circle, it looks like the holes are cut part way into the cylinder flange, if it was a 440 cylinder lhere would be no need for this. At any rate that cylinder isn't capable of going much bigger.

I am also thinking Bionic is right about it needing a special intake manifold or at the very least build a conversion plate, the amount of spacing between thos intake bolts is scary , sealing it up should ba loads of fun. Personally I would want about three more intake bolts in there.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 09-22-2022 at 04:52 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Could i just drill and tap more holes like bionic said if the existing holes line up with 750 reed cages

Here is the intake mani that comes with the cyl if I was to buy it 980FDD3C-A64E-48C0-9C90-911BCB3BC981.png

A stand alone single , for that cylinder , that will work , by the twisted angle of it a 42 sudco blue single went on it , kehin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information