» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Regular

Re: 95 Seadoo SPI - Can't get jet pump housing loose

OKay - i will check it.

PWCToday Regular

okay - checked clearance with the 45 degree feeler gauge method. In that method I am to put little or no force on the rotary valve. With no pressure on the valve, I cannot pass a .014 feeler gauge through. this is a picture of the cover. Although there is some scoring - to my eye it looks decent.

20220906_183845.jpg

I am thinking it is something else.

PWCToday Regular

here is a brief history. Bought it and son took out the ski and it worked well. Had been sitting for some while. Apparently the seal bearing carrier failed and the second time we took it out it was half full of water and began bogging down. We replaced the seal and bearing and the ski is now dry, but it was still bogging down. Rebuild the carb with a 2.0 needle and seat and is still bogging down. The cooling system appears to be clear without a bunch of water coming out the pee holes. Starts easy. Runs great on a hose. Idles great in the water. Bogs down when you hit the throttle.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

To me that method of checking the clearance is worthless, It is not the way I would do it for sure. The othere thing you need to check is the head o-rings, they are the source of many skis bogging issues and they are cheap , simple and easy to replace.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Regular

okay. i'll check with solder. How does the cover look to you? Good source for the o-rings?

Cover looks good , that does not mean there is not wear on the case though, WSM dealers have the o-rings , or any Seadoo dealer they are not that expensive even OEM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

If you are going to do the solder method do it in four places on the cover , use .050" solder, stick the solder with a dab of grease, I usually leave the rotary valve out, reassemble the cover, tighten the bolts down then take it back off and measure each piece of solder individually, write down the measurements, now add all four measurements together and divide that by four, this is the clearance without the rotary valve, now measure the rotary valve and subtrack the thickness of the rotary valve from the answer you got earlier, this is your clearance.

The reason you do it in four places if if there are any dips in the rotary valve face or cover the solder will pick that up.

What you are doing is getting an average measurement , that way a small dip in the cover or cases does not throw thw whole meaurement off.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 09-08-2022 at 09:37 AM.

PWCToday Regular

one more observation - there is a small backfire that is observable at higher RPM with the air box removed. Had the carb on, started it up and got to higher RPM. Came back a couple minutes later and noticed the backfire cutting in.

PWCToday Regular

Boy o Boy - Previous owner glued down the valve cover. Didn't put 2 and 2 together, but both the bolts holding down the carburetor bracket were busted off. 5 more busted getting to the cover and it is glued down tight. I don't know if I can get it off without damaging the jugs and even if I can - with all those busted bolts - thinking the jugs have to be replaced.

Bummer - checked the compression before I started - 140 on each side.

PWCToday Regular

got a nice cylinder head cover and cylinder head from a donor motor. Came off easy. Pried off the cylinder head cover from my motor. Bit of a challenge. Are there any tricks to getting these cylinder head bolts out without breaking them? First one I tried busted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information