Wrong pin extractor tool for Start/Stop Switch? (1998 XP Ltd)
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Wrong pin extractor tool for Start/Stop Switch? (1998 XP Ltd)

I just bought a replacement Start/Stop switch to use in troubleshooting/repair of my 1998 XP Ltd

I suspected going in the wires might not be long enough because the fitment list of the kit I ordered included 1998 models and included XP models but did not include 1998 XP.

I was planning to cut and splice anyway, and I wanted a switch kit that included the extractor tool, so I didn't care about the wire length.

Turns out the tool is too big for the pins I have on the large square AMP connector that plugs into the MPEM

Did I totally screw up and there is nothing in common, or did they send the wrong tool?

The OD of the pin extractor shaft is 1/8"

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Wrong pin extractor tool for Start/Stop Switch? (1998 XP Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by KDTravis View Post
    I just bought a replacement Start/Stop switch to use in troubleshooting/repair of my 1998 XP Ltd

I suspected going in the wires might not be long enough because the fitment list of the kit I ordered included 1998 models and included XP models but did not include 1998 XP.

I was planning to cut and splice anyway, and I wanted a switch kit that included the extractor tool, so I didn't care about the wire length.

Turns out the tool is too big for the pins I have on the large square AMP connector that plugs into the MPEM

Did I totally screw up and there is nothing in common, or did they send the wrong tool?

The OD of the pin extractor shaft is 1/8"
    I think what has happened is that other models intended to use this switch and wiring harness have another connector between the handlebar and the MPEM. The pin extractor would work on that connector and not on the square one at the MPEM.

Thread Information