User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Hydro-Turf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know what this is??

Black substance. I took the cylinder off my ski and noticed a ton of this stuff built up. I use castor 927 oil if that matters. Thoughts? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Anyone know what this is??

That's sludgy gummy build up from the bean oil......it's a great racing oil that REQUIRES frequent engine teardowns. DO NOT use bean oil in a rec 2 stroke of any kind, good way to ruin an engine.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Thanks! Geez I thought I was buying the “good stuff”. Had no idea it would cause build up like this.

"the good stuff" is something like Amsoil , royal purple, redline.... , really anything full synthetic.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

I run the klotz bean oil and have never seen anything like that! Look like brand new when i blow the up(or used to till i switched to Yamaha motors). Never used anything else except klotz snowmobile tecneplate injection oil but my go to is the beanoil. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1995 FX-1: Pro-Tec chamber~Skat swirl~Pro-Tec plate~Blowsion Destroyers

1990 Square Nose: Blue ported Jetmaniac 718~#ZERO lightened/drilled flywheel~ADA girdled/32cc~701 B pipe/flow control~Hooker 9-15~AAA pole~Pro-Tec rideplate~Tom21 Tubbies and nose piece

2014 Super jet waiting on a B pipe and Hooker....

Quote Originally Posted by 550headache View Post
    Never used anything else except klotz snowmobile tecneplate injection oil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    .............which is synthetic, NOT bean oil. Klotz DOES still have "benol" which in fact IS still castor bean oil.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

I run 927 in my mod 550 and never seen anything like this… definitely some kinda carbon build up but not sure if it’s specifically from bean oil. I could be wrong so talk to a reputable motor guy like Tim Tynan or zig and ask for their opinion

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Castor oil is for racing , a lot of freestyle guys use it but it's mostly guys with big stroker motors and they are doing frequent teardowns because they have no other choice.

Castor does not stay mixed with gasoline for long periods of time so you can't use left over fuel from last weekend, this works fine when you are using oxygenated fuels like VP race gas that has to mixed and ran, it loses octane from the second you pour it out of the metal can.

For rec use I would run something else.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've talked to guys that actually mix castor bean oil along with synthetic oil. The idea is that the synthetic keeps the residue from the bean oil from sticking and building up, but I've never tried this myself. I did run bean oil for a short time many years ago in my vintage race SJ and actually got a couple big globs of sludgy snot out of the exhaust shortly after...then went back to Klotz Skicraft.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Frequent Poster

I was using the Klotz bean oil in one of my pros. It's not pure bean oil anymore, just a small amount, like 10% or something. It overheated because the intake screen in the pump got clogged just enough to get it hot enough to do some damage. Considering how hot it got it did very little damage, but there was that black goo stuff in the wrist pin bearing and it pitted the connecting rod, but cylinder walls and stuff looked pretty good. I think that bean oil is meant for preventing major damage, but it's going to cause minor damage under regular operation. Only their racing oil has the beans, I use Klotz in everything else and never really have major problems.
    90 Superjet - Coffman pipe, other mods
    98 Polaris Pro 785 - stock graphics, just ported and polished
    98 Polaris Pro 785 - black top, cylinders milled .020, ported, polished, watcon cooling
    95 Kawasaki 750 sxi - R&D pipe, ported, polished, bored 1.5mm over
    01 Polaris 600 sc xp sled - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information