• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guy48065
    PWCToday Regular
    • Feb 2020

Tank full probe

Nutty question:
    Is there a hand-held probe you can insert into the fill tube when gassing up?
    Fuel gauges don't respond fast enough, some skis don't have a gauge, some dont work.

If I spill a little gas filling my mower in the driveway I don't care--but I don't like spilling ANY in my lake.

Open to other ideas...
    (and no my tank isn't quite translucent enough)
    96 & 97 1100Zxi
  • Myself
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Jun 2006

Re: Tank full probe

Easy, take out front storage bin OR remove seat and watch the fuel level as you fill up.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• guy48065
      PWCToday Regular
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Myself View Post
      Easy, take out front storage bin OR remove seat and watch the fuel level as you fill up.
      TL;DR, eh?
      96 & 97 1100Zxi

Comment

• Myself
        • Jun 2006

I've never seen one yet that I couldn't see the gas in. And I've worked on just about EVERY make and model there is. You probably just have the old eyes and need the help of a flashlight. Hold the light right to the top of the tank and you'll see the gas.

And what's this TL DR B.S......Adults normally speak in complete sentences.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
        +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• guy48065
          PWCToday Regular
          • Feb 2020

Can you say the same about every mower, tractor, pressure washer, chainsaw, weedwacker, generator, motorcycle, kerosene heater, Jerry can, boat tank, etc, etc?
          96 & 97 1100Zxi

Comment

• Myself
            • Jun 2006

Sorry, working outside in this 100* weather day in and day out is getting to me.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

Working...
            X