Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: 96 XP thinking its running rich a low speed or is it something else?

Yep it looks like Seadoo stopped making that part.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    Yep it looks like Seadoo stopped making that part.
    Do you think it's a good possibility the new rectifier is bad? Kinda a strange thing, but I think when I had the old rectifier disconnected the ski did the beeper thing when I hooked up the key. Now the beeper doesn't work again with the new rectifier.
    The ski is an hour away so I will be up there this weekend, and try the rectifier, check charging voltage and take a look at top of pistons.
    Thanks for the help, I never thought about checking the new rectifier, guess a guy sometimes overlooks the simple things. lol

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

beeper has nothing to do with the rectifier, it's probably just a dead beeper
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Newbie

Well I pulled the red wire, on the rectifier. I disconnected a couple wire plugs, one was the stator on the front of engine.
    When I hooked it back up my beeper started working again. Took it for a ride and it seemed to be running good. Just a little hesitation on the 1st take off, but that went away after it was warm. So I then reconnected the red wire, beeper continued to work, engine still ran good.
    Then I let it sit for a while, plugged in the key and no beeper again. Went through the whole process again, disconnected red wire, plugged it back in, still no beeper.
    But I took it out and it still seems to run good.
    So thinking maybe it was just a bad connection, but I can’t figure out why that stupid beeper started working the 1st time I unplugged the red wire, and now it won’t work for anything.
    The charging looked like it was working also.
    I did notice the pipe is leaking up on the top at the exhaust manifold and head pipe. Funny the bolts are tight, do the gaskets just shrink or something?

PWCToday Newbie

So at the end of the day, I feel like I have something leaking air into the pump, Really seems to be slipping on take off, or not hooking up.
    I think the carbon seal is working, but if it were leaking, at what speed would it tend to leak?
    I had the pump off this spring to replace the impeller, maybe that isn't sealed up good, used the neoprene seal and siliconed the 3 water fittings. should I check the ride shoe?
    The previous owner had an aluminum pump from like a 92 I think, but now I changed it back to a stock pump, would I have to change anything else when doing this, are all the driveshafts the same length? well I guess thats a dumb question, because he still had the carbon seal setup. what about the ride shoe, would that need to be changed? not sure if a 92 would fit a 96xp?
    Tried to do some wide open runs, was getting around 6600 rpm, seems like that might be a little low?
    Didn't have gps to get speed, what are you guys using, a gps app?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bionic racing's Avatar

This basket case needs some hands on help , gonna have to spend some cash , has multiple problems that need attention

PWCToday Newbie

Ok I thought that’s why people were on here, to get help and ideas of what could be wrong.
    We don’t need to solve everything in one answer.
    If you think it has multiple problems, give me some ideas or things to try.
    Kinda doubt I would be able to get it in for service, before winter. Sounds like everyone is booked months out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information