Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

'95 STS, no spark aft plug.

Hi all! Running wide open, the ski started to stutter and shake a bit so I got off there throttle and limped at idle to the bank which was about 30 seconds or so. Had a buddy come get me and get me home. Compression 120-ish in both cylinders.. Found no spark for aft plug. No access to a manual, yet so what's the group experience with the most common reasons (and fix) for this issue. I SHOULD HAVE USED THE TIMING LIGHT FIRST!
    Thanks in advance

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: '95 STS, no spark aft plug.

Bad spark plug wire end or complete wire, that' a wasted spark system, if one fires they both fire so if the rear is not firing it's in the wire or spark plug cap, kawasaki uses kinda crappy spark plug wires I have seen them with twenty or more breaks in a single section of wire before.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 07-06-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Newbie

You have got to be kidding me. Nothing.. And I mean NOTHING has ever been that easy for me! Thanks!
    Last edited by CC25; 07-07-2022 at 06:24 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Anyone know where to buy the plug wire fully assembled with a reasonably quick delivery window?? All I'm coming up with is components to make them. Thanks

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

The wires are glued into the coil, they are replicable but not easily , it is not like replacing the spark plug wires on your car, you can send the coil to Jetskisolutions and they will replace them for you.

The first thing to do would be cut the wire back 1/4 ", reinstall the spark plug boot and see if you have spark, if not cut it back some more and try again, sometimes it's just the very end of the wire that goes bad, sometimes it's the whole wire, there is no rhyme or reason to it.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 07-07-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Thread Information