Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 1989 Waverunner Fiberglass help...Recommendations

thats why i'm gonna try the proglas...seems to cover both grounds with smc and fiberglass...epoxy based...says it has short glass strands already in it...instructions say you can also glass cloth/mat it also...we'll see how it goes

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

If it's epoxy based it will work fine
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Newbie

ok...here's my result....man it was a trying experience but i'm happy with what I did...you can see in sequential pictures the process

pic 1 is how it looked after i got all the sticker and adhesive off

pic 2 is after I cut the hole/rot out with my Ridgid oscilalting tool...I cut all of it at an angle

pic 3 is how I decided to build up to fill the hole...I mixed in some 1708 mat glass with the Pro-Glas and basically just sanded the underside with my fingers...60 grit sandpaper...so the Pro-glas would adhere to the underside good...it did...I just filled the underside outer edges about 1 inch in with that and built it thick...used it as a base and just put more filler on top mixed with some 1708...it seems to hold well...pretty damn hard

pic 4 is the mostly final result...a few minor things to do

the sanding was the pain...over and over trying to fill small air bubbles/pockets...there are some in the final picture but nothing I'm concerned about...the small cracks.scratches on the side I mostly just sanded flat...a few needed some filler but it was a non-issue in terms of importance...I think the primer/sealer will fill in the rest...now what to do about the paint...we'll see

189.JPG

289.JPG

389.JPG

489.JPG

pg25050.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information