Hellooooooo froooooooom Echooooooooo Baaaaaaaaay!
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Hellooooooo froooooooom Echooooooooo Baaaaaaaaay!

Super windy yesterday but today was only 5-10mph so I launched at Hemenway around 8:30a and there were only about 3 boats ahead of me. The ambient temps was actually still sort of cool. Today's mission which I accepted was to ride out to Echo Bay and see for myself how bad it is. I know the boat launch was closed I think last year, but, I thought it would be interesting seeing it from the water.

I knew I had a full tank of gas but was not sure what the r/t would total out to be...so, I rode conservatively around 35mph heading out. Water was not glass but there were not big waves either.

After I got through the Narrows, I needed to squeak a leak and give my throttle hand a break. It might not be too long where I get confused - Am I at Death Valley or Lake Mead?

Hello Echo Bay. There were still some hard core fisher dudes carrying kayaks down to the water but too much work for me.

Just about to pull into Hemenway...there is Boulder Beach...WUT? Looks like a ghost town for a Sunday afternoon let alone a Father's Day. Fuel prices and the reason I launched at Hemenway with my Jeep is that these "new" sand beach are really, really soft. So, I am guessing or speculating that the average joe cannot successfully launch at PWC Beach or Hemenway.

Totally surprised with my fuel conservation! Happy to be heading up the hill by 12:30pm to get a delish Pitburger and fries before I head home!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Re: Hellooooooo froooooooom Echooooooooo Baaaaaaaaay!

Awesome documentation!

Your assessment of being at Death Valley or Lake Mead is spot on! I’m really enjoying your posts and the photos!

Water officials have already made it known last week(maybe even before that) that 7 states that draw water rations from Mead and Davis will be cut way back next year. Scary!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

60 miles is a long arse ride! Keep the threads coming!

Thanks gents! I feel compelled to document this disaster. Maybe, we wake up one day and we have to build an ark...until then, I am documenting our demise.

Keep up the great and important work!

The Tri-State area of CA, NV and AZ hold a special place in my heart, as I am a SoCal native and have travelled and visited these areas my entire life. To witness Mead, essentially disappear right before my very eyes is frightening to me. I think ahead to The River! as a whole, to include Davis & Havasu and what might come in the ensuing years.

I have been looking ahead for about 2 years now at potentially purchasing my retirement home in Green Valley so that I COULD be close to Mead and continue my water activities. I might reconsider at this point. But long term outlook is still on the table for Green Valley.
    Last edited by Cliff; 06-20-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Keep up the great and important work!

The Tri-State area of CA, NV and AZ hold a special place in my heart, as I am a SoCal native and have travelled and visited these areas my entire life. To witness Mead, essentially disappear right before my very eyes is frightening to me. I think ahead to The River! as a whole, to include Davis & Havasu and what might come in the ensuing years.

I have been looking ahead for about 2 years now at potentially purchasing my retirement home in Green Valley so that I COULD be close to Mead and continue my water activities. I might reconsider at this point. But long term outlook is still on the table for Green Valley.

yea, it is hard to see how the dice will roll. It might take 2-3 years of record-breaking snowpack and El Nino like storms to gain 20+' of water, but, it could happen. In today's news cycle of :30 seconds, most people forget that geological time is measured in 100's of years. We are loooooong overdue for that BIG EARTHQUAKE that could radically change our water availability (plus and minus) and as far fetched as the disaster movies showcase, Vegas could have Pacific Ocean beachfront properties. I just hope my next 15-25 years we don't run out of water and the southwest does not burn up from wildfires or a massive earthquake renders the USA broke from rebuild.

I’m with Ya and will be watching these developments closely.

Keep up the great documentation!

Thread Information