Largest PWC

Superstore

Collapse

1989 Kawasaki X2 Rebuild (750 small pin swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prysock
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Sep 2019

1989 Kawasaki X2 Rebuild (750 small pin swap)

Hey everyone! First time post on here but been reading for years. So I bought the ski about three years ago now and just finally got around to fully gutting it and starting the build. Here’s my plan:

1. ⁠⁠Fill any deep scratches, holes, etc with west system epoxy
    2. ⁠⁠Reinforce the connection between the cap and the hill with fiberglass and west systems epoxy (Seemed to have a minor leak)
    3. ⁠⁠Sand down with 60,80,120, 220 to get a smooth surface and even finish
    4. ⁠⁠Clean with acetone and blow off with compressed air
    5. ⁠⁠Prime ski with awl grip epoxy primer
    6. Paint the engine compartment with Interlux Bilgekote
    7. ⁠⁠Paint ski with black awlgrip

Some questions I have:

-⁠Is there any epoxy primer and awl grip paint I can spray? If so which paint sprayer would y’all recommend?

-Is it worth it to cut into the footwells to re-foam or check for water? Ski has been sitting in dry garage for three years but I can see a small bit of foam through one of the holes in the engine compartment. It has definitely gotten wet at some point

-Should I consider rear exhaust, front sponsons, or hull chop? I plan to mainly ride the ski off the beach and freestyle in lakes.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. If my plan is completely incorrect I’d rather know now before I get into it. Open to all suggestions but I am a college student so budget is definitely not huge.
    Attached Files
Working...
X