Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Addendum to the Mikuni SBN Tuning Manual

I have some modded blasters (3, I think) and another RN SJ, and possibly a modded FX1 (maybe 2 of them)...coming in for tuning over the next 1-2 months, so I will probably document those as well.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    I have some modded blasters (3, I think) and another RN SJ, and possibly a modded FX1 (maybe 2 of them)...coming in for tuning over the next 1-2 months, so I will probably document those as well.
    Really good stuff, please keep it coming. On a side note (and back to dribbling carbs) besides what is in the Mikuni Manual, what are your thoughts on adding an extra check valve ? I did try this once during trouble shooting however it was in the process of changing other things as well. Hence although it cured the dribble, I was not sure if other symptoms (lean hesitation) I was dealing with were as a result of the extra check valve or something else. Yup, now I know - only change one thing. I also read about using the check valve plate aka kidney plate that has the offset hole vs the hole directly over the main Jet. That also appeared to help with vibration dibble and I believe was a Novi practice to relocate the hole.

Blog Entries

I've never added an extra check valve personally. Just haven't gotten to the point of needing to, I guess. I've always had success with a stiffer spring and smoothing the idle.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

PWCToday Newbie

I've never added an extra check valve personally. Just haven't gotten to the point of needing to, I guess. I've always had success with a stiffer spring and smoothing the idle.
    Another “aha” moment for me. Proper tuning eliminates the need for bandaids!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klong View Post
    Really good stuff, please keep it coming. On a side note (and back to dribbling carbs) besides what is in the Mikuni Manual, what are your thoughts on adding an extra check valve ? I did try this once during trouble shooting however it was in the process of changing other things as well. Hence although it cured the dribble, I was not sure if other symptoms (lean hesitation) I was dealing with were as a result of the extra check valve or something else. Yup, now I know - only change one thing. I also read about using the check valve plate aka kidney plate that has the offset hole vs the hole directly over the main Jet. That also appeared to help with vibration dibble and I believe was a Novi practice to relocate the hole.
    We run dual check valves all the time. I learned this trick many years ago from Jay @ Butch's Jet ski shop.

Also, the valve body from the GP800 is the better design valve body.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Klong View Post
    Another “aha” moment for me. Proper tuning eliminates the need for bandaids!
    Also, check/measure/visibly inspect your pop off actuator arm height (and overall condition), and to be sure you can check pop off with the diaphragm and cover installed...if you don't already. Admittedly, I generally don't check it with the cover installed until/unless I'm chasing an issue.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    We run dual check valves all the time. I learned this trick many years ago from Jay @ Butch's Jet ski shop.

Also, the valve body from the GP800 is the better design valve body.
    Great info- Thanks. I was afraid the extra valve would add more resistance and cause a mid range hesitation of sorts if the fuel couldn’t get past the valve quick enough.

PWCToday Newbie

Also, check/measure/visibly inspect your pop off actuator arm height (and overall condition), and to be sure you can check pop off with the diaphragm and cover installed...if you don't already. Admittedly, I generally don't check it with the cover installed until/unless I'm chasing an issue.
    Aha, I have a spare carb on the bench and check all my NV/Springs / POP off with that one and diaphragm off. I never thought about keeping the diaphragm on but makes sense.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information