Troubleshooting your fuel system is crazy easy and simple and cheap to do - Page 2
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Troubleshooting your fuel system is crazy easy and simple and cheap to do

I don't know I have seen my share of Shadily Built Trash motors that were the issue also.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course.
    But the majority of them perform as expected.
    You're not going to find fukbook posts from people p1ssed off and ranting about their motor that just keeps running.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

I have had one 787 that held up to multiple drownings and abuse other than that one its pretty much been a crapshoot, I had one that sounded worse than the engine I took out of the ski as soon as I started it up, it made it just past one year and puked, it should have been replaced immediately ,which is what I asked to be done , they wouldn't do it, they said it had a warranty to run it, this was straight from SBT when I was a dealer.

It would have cost them an engine, instead it cost me a customer and cost them a bad reputation.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 04-20-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Blog Entries

Oh, I get it.
    Your experience with SBT has been bad.
    My experience with SBT has been good.
    You're not going to resume business with SBT just because I've had zero issues with them, and I'm not going to stop doing business with SBT just because I'm aware of your issues with them.
    Firsthand experience is a powerful learning tool. I recommend it very highly.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

I live and die by ratios , the ratio of SBT engines I put in versus the ratio that went out prematurely was not good, I also bought engines from New York Crankshaft before Sbt bought them out , I did not have those kinds of issues with their engines.Now I rarely replace engines a turn of events I am glad has happened.

Blog Entries

To be clear, my SBT experience has been strictly Yamaha 650, 701, 760, and 1100.....not as easy to eff those up and prone to problems as doo motors, lol.
    Last edited by fox river pwc; 04-20-2022 at 11:57 PM.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

I have pun ion everything from Artic 770's to Seadoo 4 tecs and Yamaha FXHO engines and I do mean lots and lots of them. No more engine replacements here no more full rebuilds, that's a young mans game and I am not a young man anymore.

Blog Entries

At 53 I'm finally seriously considering adding a pulley system to my shop for motor swaps. Picking up triples, by myself, even with gloved hands, is no longer fun....it keeps my chiropractor well fed, but still.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

I use a cherry picker , my back does not tolerate stupidity the way it used to. I also have a Gantry crane with an electric hoist, a stand alone electric hoist that's portable with wheels added and a Davit hoist at the other shop ,my days of picking up stuff are long past. Plus you ain't hoisting out a Seadoo 4 TEC by hand or at least I am not !
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 04-21-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Back on topic:

You can also test your fuel pump very easily. Run a temporary fuel line from a jug of fuel directly to the carb inlet. Install a clear/opaque fuel filter on that line. Then hit the starter button and watch. That fuel filter will fill with fuel very quickly even with just the starter cranking the motor over, if your fuel pump is pumping as it should.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information