Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Re: 95 speedster 657X engine

Ran ski in water today and when it started to experience the problem the voltage to the coil stayed at 40v A/C. that should rule out the magneto and the rev eliminator circuit. now what? FUEL?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

I have had to replace plug wires in some of these older machines because of breaks in the solid wire. Pull boots off and ohm them while wiggling and see if ohms jump around. Fuel starvation from plugged internal carb filters CAN cause this.....as can a failing stator OR ingition coil. Sometimes these electrical gremlins take HOURS upon HOURS to track down.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

since the stator voltage is consistent next I would try bypassing the fuel selector and see if you can possibly swap the two positive wires going to the coils, Then if the other engine acts up you know it is a coil -CDI issue. Those coil-CDI's are known to go out as well.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 04-15-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Regular

Yes, i am now going to bypass the fuel system with a hose from a small tank to the carbs input. no filter. We will see what happens. note, I have replaced the ignition coil and wires and caps.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

It could still act up IF the carb INTERNAL filters are plugged. I just did a pair from a gsx this week that were plugged solid.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

As far as internal filters go , if there is a lot of crud in the sediment bowl usually the internal filters are clogged as well.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

PWCToday Regular

Went thru the fuel system again, found a new fuel valve bad, seal popping out. see photo. replaced with new one, but still have problem. rebuilt another set of carbs with mikuni kits mk-bn38/44spr. checked the fuel return orifice, all were at spec. mag at .118 and pto at .031. I did find a bad needle valve and I was hoping that was it, but new needle valve did not solve the problem. all filters were very clean. also replaced the pulse hose. I tested the high-speed screws from closed to 3 turns open in 1/8 turn settings no effect on problem. swapped the input fuel lines to engines, still have problem. I also replaced the ignition coil on r/h engine. I have run one engine on res. and the other on main no effect. Main 132.5 pilot 75, needle 1.5, low speed 1 1/4, high speed at 1/4 pop off at 28psi. any one have any other ideas?20220424_105843.jpg

I have had a couple of issues like this turn out to be bad stators

PWCToday Regular

I will check the voltage from the magneto again before i pull the engine to replace the magneto assy, the last time i checked it the voltage stayed at 40V a/c, when it slowed down. any other ideas may be i need a exorcist

PWCToday Regular

Thanks Speedracer, leaking head o rings looks to be the problem. parts on order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information