Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Slight oil leak VX Cruiser

I have a 2013 VX Cruiser that has developed a small oil leak in the rear section of the hull. The front section under the motor stays clean. It's not a big leak, maybe 1 tablespoon a week during the summer. I assume that this is engine oil and not oil that's leaking from the jet drive or other component back in that area, but I really don't know. All I do know is that removing the jet drive in search of a bad seal or something else is a major lift. Does anyone have a guess on where this leak may be coming from and whether or not I should get it repaired now? If I have to add oil a couple of times over the summer it's not a big deal, but I don't want to risk having a major failure by letting it go until it gets worse.

Re: Slight oil leak VX Cruiser

So when is the last time you changed your oil filter? they are under/lower side the motor and can rust and leak...

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus View Post
    So when is the last time you changed your oil filter? they are under/lower side the motor and can rust and leak...
    I usually change it every year. It's pretty clean.

I stopped into a marina a few days ago and they said it might be coming from an air box if somebody flipped it, which is possible.

PWCToday Regular

If you have oil coming from the air box, that’s an indication the oil is over serviced. Remember you have to check the oil when engine warm immediately after shutdown.

Thread Information